Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: official

[ QUOTE ]
1. What is the official rule for someone who leaves a table in the middle of a tournament for a long period of time?

Is there an official rule or does it vary from tournament to tournament. The general one i seem to hear is that if a player is missing for 3 full rounds of the button then the dealer calls the big blind for every hand with his chips until he is dead. The only problem I find is that they only have to come back for one hand and then leave again. IRRITATING.

[/ QUOTE ]

In most tournaments you can be away as long as you like. Your blinds will be posted when its your turn to post one, not in every hand.

[ QUOTE ]
2. What is the official rule when a card is turned over on the second round of the deal and you have to replace that card with another?

I've heard a few theories. The one i've always played was that you give everyone the cards they would have got then you take the turned over card and use that as your first burn card......Then you give the player the top card from the deck........But some people tell me its the 5th card from the top, then some people tell me its the third from the bottom. see what i mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first way(replace the turned card with burn card) is the correct and most common way.

[ QUOTE ]
3. What is the official rule of players not being at the table when the dealer deals?

I've heard that when the dealer finishes dealing if the player is not sitting in his seat then his cards are dead, but i've also heard the cards can be left on the table until that player has to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both ways are in use. I cant say which one is more common. I like the first one better.