Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: (results)

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I play bad. It's enough to drive someone to limp reraising :P

Hand 1: I reraised to $250. He folded. I think call/leading is best?

Hand 2: I reraised to $250. He called. Turn was blank, I checked he pushed for ~$200.

This is a clear fold, now, I think (though I unaccounably called in fact). Presumably I should either fold, or call/lead?

Anyone considering checking the flop here?

Hand 3: I just called, with the intention of getting a safe turn before proceeding. In fact the turn was the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check called ~$50 on the turn (I had K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) and he checked behind with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the river.

Sigh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though you won the first hand I think folding is best, you probably got him to lay down qq or aj, something like that. The thing is, if you call, you haven't defined his hand and theres a ton of cards that will kill your action on the turn forcing you to check and possibly make a mistake if he bets again. Just all sorts of bad things happen calling that flop raise imo. You also can't push because there are so many draws that are actually beating us here, its just a total crap spot for kk.

Hand 2 is too read dependant, but I think I might call his min raise and check the turn and see what he does.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: 3 x cowboys, out of position, 400NL 6 max

#1: The only made hands I can put villain on are sets and maybe there's a slight possibility of QT. If he has two pair with this board, he's not playing very good poker preflop. His most likely holding is some kind of a draw, but like someone else already mentioned, the problem is this could still be -EV with kings. Reraising is an option here, the other way would be to call and see how things develop on the turn. Most of the time I play this hand, though.

#2: Like Ali said it himself, I think a semi-bluff raise is a rare play in this situation. He either has a monster or this is a ballsy bluff. Either reraise him to inform you're not going anywhere or fold. Instinct plays a big role in this hand.

#3: Call the flop raise and fold the turn if a dangerous card falls (unless he makes a small bet, then perhaps you can go to SD). I think you are behind on the flop so raising is not a good idea, IMO.

Rozez
Old 11-12-2005, 11:53 AM

Default Re: (results)

Hand 1:

I thought on drawy boards when you get raised, so you're either 50/50 or behind, that you were supposed to call the raise and hit a blank turn (ie when you're 75:25).

Unfortunately, I have no intuition as to what the pot sizes needs to be / what board textures are ideal for this.

Hand 2: Note the min-raise was hand 3, hand 2 he raised my $40 to $120, so a 2/3 pot.

An interesting question is what % of the time anyone (with TT-JJ, draw) will check behind if I call flop/check the turn (with the intention of folding to a bet). Probably enough to make your line profitable?