Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 09:26 PM

Default 25NL Party. KK and tough flop to bet

I'm in CO with KK,4 limpers to me, I raise to $5. BB calls and MP calls.
I have $33.10.
They both have me covered. Flop comes 6JJ rainbow. BB bets $1, MP calls, and I raise to $20, they both fold. I put them on both lower PP. should I be happy to take it down then, or tried to suck out more. Also I know the way I did it,if any had a J i would have lost all my buy-in, but how else to play it?
ZC
Old 10-30-2003, 12:50 AM

Default Re: 25NL Party. KK and tough flop to bet

i think a smaller raise is indicated against typical opponents. when you make a bet that will only get called if you're beaten, and the chances you will get drawn out on if you're ahead are small, you should make a smaller bet and see what happens. if one of them now reraises, you can safely throw away your hand.

i would say a raise to maybe $8 would be enough here. it would be different if the flop were J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], as you might then be up against a good drawing hand.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:07 AM

Default Re: 25NL Party. KK and tough flop to bet

Hi zcahv,

Very DANGEROUS bet on the flop there. I'd have just repeated my initial bet ($5), which looks like you want a call (you don't). If someone raises, muck. If someone calls, he probably has a J or a lower pocket pair (perhaps even 66, giving him lower full), so check it to the river unless you hit a K to fill up.

With this board, you didn't want to put much more money in. Give yourself a chance to win it with a lesser bet, without risking so much of your stack.

Cris