Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Furgeson says have to be very intelligent! Is he right?

[ QUOTE ]
No not my imagination. Furguson mentioned DEGREES. Most of the people i mentioned apart from corkins who is a (farmer from what i heard) and ivey(i don't think he went to college as he was playing poker underage in ac and at still a young age won the wsop. so doubtful he found time to graduate college , let alone get a masters) were either dealers or cooks. Flack, Scotty, Mattusow were dealers. Chan was a cook i believe. So thats where i derived that conclusion. But you are so much smarter than me. And you proved it by making a childish insult. I love everyone who insults me in this thread attacks my intelligence. Yet not one makes an intelligent argument. They just make childish boohoo comments. You guys are class through and through. And much smarter than me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what you claimed. You claimed they wouldn't be considered intelligent people. You didn't claim that these players didn't have advanced academic degrees. In fact the words degree or education isn't mentioned in your initial post.

Muddled thinking leads to muddled posts. Can you now see why you aren't suited to make claims about anyones intelligence?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 PM

Go read it again! Muddled reading makes muddled responses from guys like you that cant read. I clearly stated in a sense the way furguson used the word. You owe an apology but i'm taking educated guess you won't give it.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go read it again! Muddled reading makes muddled responses from guys like you that cant read. I clearly stated in a sense the way furguson used the word. You owe an apology but i'm taking educated guess you won't give it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ferguson doesn't equate intelligence with education. When he means well educated he says well educated. When he means intelligent he says intelligent. The mixing of the two is your own invention. If Ferguson claimed that you need to have an education to be on top of the poker world, I would like the entire quote.

If you want to argue that a lot of skilled pokerplayers doesn't have academic degrees, feel free. Hardly anything surprising about that. You will find plenty of successful, intelligent business men without any academic degrees alo.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Wow you totally tried to slip past the fact that you said i said nothing about degrees and ferguson saying that. Then i tell you to go read it again. I guess now you SEE it but are not man enough to admit you were wrong. You guys are all the same. Spout lies get proven wrong then won't admit it.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you totally tried to slip past the fact that you said i said nothing about degrees and ferguson saying that. Then i tell you to go read it again. I guess now you SEE it but are not man enough to admit you were wrong. You guys are all the same. Spout lies get proven wrong then won't admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has a troll ever posted 1300+ times?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has a troll ever posted 1300+ times?

[/ QUOTE ]

An intelligent one would have figured it out and left by that point.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:56 AM

Among poker's brightest and most successful, there is one player who garners the highest praise. Howard Lederer said this player would before long be known as the best player who ever lived. Chris Ferguson called him a "genius". Barry Greenstein, who doesn't give out compliments lightly, refers to him as one of the five best in the world and notes that he's still improving. Erick Seidel said he has "a searing intelligence."

Link

So Ferguson, one of the people everyone recognizes as one of the greatest minds in poker. Thinks Phil Ivey is a genius, does that tell you anything??
Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 PM

YOU claim Ferguson equate degree with intelligence. You have provided no quote that substantiates this. Most likely you misunderstood him.

Never mind. I'm just going to put you ignore again. I forgot that your M.O is to start stupid threads and then try your hardest to keep them alive despite rigor mortis setting in. Tedious trolling get old real fast.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:06 AM

I supplied a Ferguson quote in my post "Why attempting to converse with you is a waste of time." Guess what it said? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 AM

ENGLISH ONLY PLEASE!