Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Tell me what you think pls

My apoligies for the format - can anyone tell me the hand history importer thingy into the forum for future reference...i did have a look for it.

$200 NL Texas Hold'em
ME in BB 7c Tc ( $195.20 )
UTG limps, slightly loose passive preflop, aggressive solid after ( $213.25 )
MP limps ( $199.55 )
SB folds.
I check BB.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5c, Th, 7h ]
I bet [$6].
UTG calls [$6].
MP folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 2d ]
I bet [$15].
UTG raises to $35.
I reraise to $75.
UTG raises to $145.
I go all-In.
UTG calls $37.20.

** Dealing River ** [ Qs ]
UTG shows [ 5s, 5d ] three of a kind, fives.
I show [ 7c, Tc ] two pairs, tens and sevens.
UTG wins $390.40 from the main pot with three of a kind, fives.

I'd love to tell you this was what i was thinking at the time...but truth is i wasn't thinking, i was so tired i shouldn't have been there. I strongly feel like i was destined to lose a bit of money here but that i should have folded to his 2nd reraise on the turn. It was unraised preflop, it was a small pot on the turn before the fireworks started and there wasn't a lot he could have had - either AT, overpair or set, and i don't think he's a player to go bust here with a pair.

Might not hurt so bad if i wasnt practicing flopping 2 pair earlier that afternoon, thats what made me so tired....oh the irony!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Tell me what you think pls

Youll probably get better responses if you dont post results...

I think you should have just called his raise on the turn, and then check/called the river. As you played it, and given your read on him, I think you have to fold once he reraises you on the turn.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM

http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter/ is the most reliable link that I've found.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:22 PM

I fold to the turn reraise given your read and belief he doesnt overplay an overrpair. His, slightly more than a min-raise, on the turn is an extraction bet. Fold your weak assed two pair and get some sleep. Alternatively call it and plan to check/fold to a decent bet on the turn if he wont give you a cheap showdown.

Converter same link is on every other hand history post for future reference [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 12:24 PM

Call the turn raise and call a reasonable river bet. Villain's line is pretty standard. Most villains will wait until the turn to bet their sets. I never like going to war with 2-pair in an unraised pot. Villain's holdings are wide. If villain raised 5x bb, then maybe you are dealing with AA and KK (of course you would have turbo-mucked that T7) and you can stand a little heat.

Don't post results. Stop at your decision point. Post results after you receive feedback.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:28 PM

The red flag for me was the fact that he calls your flop bet and then bets out when a rag spikes the turn. This is very suspicious. People only play sets and (overplay) big PPs like this. I would not put in a reraise on the turn (just call), and I'd call a pot-sized river bet but nothing more.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback, links and advice on posting - appreciate your points of view.