Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Sheik

I despised that guy - I would have been supporting and defending Matasow and making every smartass comment I could back. Though in his defense - My DVR missed the part where they went from 27 to 18 - I came back at 18 players from the 54 player episode - stupid DVR -

It's disgusting - you got all those guys who are happy and having fun and trying to make the final table, then you got this sour SOB who I thought was either trying to be an Jerk like Hellmuth so he could steal more pots, or he was being a mega prick in an attempt to get people to drop the F-bomb and have to eat the penalty - (a tactic I might have fallen for after a while, BTW)

but he's a footnote like that [censored] who bitched about his raise being called with AT - he's so irrelevant I don't remember his name, and I'll just know this other guy as Sheik - any other details just aren't important enough for me to remember -

RB
Old 11-10-2005, 06:22 AM

Clearly a preplanned act by both parties. And it was well done.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In the infamous Tiffany Williamson hand, where she was extremely rude, Norman Chad actually admonished the Sheik for politely telling Tiffany she couldn't consult her poker coach during the hand. I think Norman added his negative comments to that episode as foreshadowing Sheik's future behavior, because he was okay until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the Sheik was out of line here at all and don't know what Norman Chads problem was with it. Of course his commentary is off base a couple other times in the recent episodes.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:35 AM

He also continuously referred addressed Williamson as "lady," saying it in a very condescending manner. It was quite frustrating to watch.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
where she was extremely rude, Norman Chad actually admonished the Sheik for politely telling Tiffany she couldn't consult her poker coach during the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
TW took too long and shouldn't have walked away like that but I don't recall TW doing/saying anything rude. But in my book; "I...I object...you can't do that lady" in an unfriendly tone isn't exactly 'polite'. But I don't think it was out-of-line either.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:24 AM

Mike should've asked him if Sheik knew how to play hearts.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:25 AM

I love the part (paraphrased) where Sheik says that everyone at his table is defective, then says it's a defective tournament. Matusow replies with, "You're a defective human, ahhhhhhahaha (signature laugh)."

Also the part (another damn paraphrase) where they're jabbing each other and mike says, "you want me to say what you really are? a bad poker playing [censored]?"

God, life is great.
Priceless.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also the part (another damn paraphrase) where they're jabbing each other and mike says, "you want me to say what you really are? a bad poker playing [censored]?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Mike wanted to add an expletive to that last quote, but you can see he stops himself and says something that won't get him penalized instead. Good man!

I've slowly become a big Matusow fan after watching him in this year's WSOP. It is really amazing to watch him read people and also say entertaining things about other players. I think he's a nice guy but if he doesn't like someone he isn't afraid to let them know [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (see his interactions with Phil Hellmuth at this year's TOC).

Sheik was way out of line acting like that though late in the biggest tournament ever. 'nuff said.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:02 PM

It looked to me like Shawn was getting frusterated, because of some of the swings that his chip stack took. He's an incredibly good poker player, and he knows it. Unless provoked I doubt he'd normally act like he did....sadly for him (and everyone else), he had Matusow at his table to provoke him.

I don't hate Shawn nearly as much as it seems everyone else does. He obviously got out of hand, but I can't blame anyone for being emotionally stressed over the WSOP ME.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 PM

I for one was surprised to find out the man was 35 years old. He looked like a college kid, and acted worse than one.