Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: set hand, F or T CR?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with 2 players between me and him, I bet/call the flop hoping for a raise from button. I think on this board, you want to trap MP2 and CO for calls early on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting out does put them in a scary position though. Most people recognize the danger of the Button raising. Won't many hands fold there to my bet?

psw

[/ QUOTE ]

They're going to fold to your lead but call 2bets when you check-raise?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:43 PM

definitely lead the flop, because then the players in between you and button can contribute a bet at a time. if you checkraise and it is checked to the button, they will be faced with two cold. basically, this discourages action.

since the flop is a rainbow, you can prob just call a raise. on a more draw heavy board i would three bet the flop. here i might just call and lead the turn, hoping to trap players in between for a single bet again, just like you did on flop.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with 2 players between me and him, I bet/call the flop hoping for a raise from button. I think on this board, you want to trap MP2 and CO for calls early on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting out does put them in a scary position though. Most people recognize the danger of the Button raising. Won't many hands fold there to my bet?

psw

[/ QUOTE ]

They're going to fold to your lead but call 2bets when you check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was thinking that they were out either way. I was just hoping to get the Button for 2 big bets (and SB is I was lucky). That was the plan. I need to go for more it seems.

psw
Old 11-09-2005, 08:20 PM

I like the flop bet/3bet line (and to a lesser extent the flop CR line). I hate the turn CR line against the button who easily checks his overcards here, especially with such a large field. There's no need to FPS this up. Just bet and raise.

Edit: People will call your flop bet even if they think the button will raise. Don't underestimate the desire fish feel to see the turn.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the flop hoping to 3 bet. I don't c/r b/c we're going to fold out the guys inbetween who are likely drawing near dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is the hand where you get paid off for all those other hands where you get frisky on the flop with draws and overcards. They'll remember when you raised with AK on a T-high board. They'll remember when you 3-bet with a Q-high flush draw. Nobody will put you on a set until it's way too late.