Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Handling a LAG image

Another area of the game that is not as strong as it should be. I usually play TAG but occassionally I wonder into LAG territory, either with good runs of cards or changing gears. My main problem is adjusting my play to the way other players see me. Because they see me as loose they should have lower standards and so therefore should I. Anyway onto the hands.

NL100 stacks all $100. In both hands I had taken the previous two pots uncontested on the flop and had generally been playing fast and loose.

Hand 1

Hero has AA in SB

UTG+1 calls, button calls hero raises to $5, call, call

Flop ($15.50) 678r

Check, Hero bets $15, Villian raises to $30, fold, Hero? Whats the plan from here on? Villian is 20/5 and I have a note saying he plays cautiously postflop

Hand 2.

Hero has QQ UTG

Hero raises $4, folds to BB who calls.

Flop ($9) 2h 4h Jd

Check, Hero bets $8, Villian raises to $20. Plan? I only have 20 hands on this villian and he's 40/10, sadly no notes.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Handling a LAG image

Given your lag image, I would want to showdown both of these hands, particularly the first one, which i put UTG on a medium overpair like TT. I push there. Hand two is a little bit more tricky, but I like a push there as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM

You basically nailed what I was thinking too. In the first hand I put the guy on 66/77/88/99/TT. However at the time I got all paraniod and called, check/checked the turn and check/called the river. He had TT and hit on the river to take the hand. When I reflected on the hand I concluded that playing the flop more agressively was definatly better. So I took that attitude into hand 2 and reraised his flop raise. He pushed and I was commited, he had 44 for a set.

Not really sure what to conclude from this. On the one hand I got stacked twice with 1 pair. On the other hand I had overpairs run into sets while playing LAG.

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:47 PM

I think I would have played both of these hands the same way.

In hindsight, it looks like call flop/lead blank turn/fold to a push would be a good line for both hands though.

The only thing I don't like is hand 2, being committed to a push even though you're now almost positive you are behind. I hate this situation.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're now almost positive you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not positive he is behind in either hand.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're now almost positive you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not positive he is behind in either hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

With villain 4bet pushing a raggedy board? You think he 4bets either the flush draw or TPGK? I was referring to hand 2 only, and I still don't see the advantage of comitting ourselves to a push from villain here.