Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:24 PM

Default I don\'t like these two hands(NL100)

Party NL100 6-max

Hands are very different but I'm a little lazy to write two posts [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

HAND 1:

Stack sizes - we both have about 100...
Tricky thing with hand 1 IMO is the fact that I raised my previous couple of buttons and the last time I did so everyone folded and I showed the mighty 27sooted...

All fold to hero on the button with K9o. Hero raises to 4, SB folds, BB calls.

FLOP: 10 5 2 rainbow - checked around
TURN: 10 5 2 J rainbow - checked around
RIVER(8$): 10 5 2 J Q...

Villian checks, Hero bets 10, villian c/r to 20, hero raises to 40...

Hand2:

Hand2, I feel that i NEED to raise the turn, but we are somewhat deep, and I just got rivered like 3 times in a row, so I'm playing a little scared... Dunno about it... What I DONT LIKE about this hand is the fact that I'm probably checking behind if he checks river...

Hero is BB with K7o. Couple of limpers, Hero checks e.t.c.

FLOP(4$): 7 7 6 (2clubs)

SB bets 8, Hero calls. (we both have around 150)

TURN(20$): 7 7 6 9(flush didnt make it)

SB bets 30, Hero calls

RIVER(70$): 7 7 6 9 Q(no flush): villian bets 50, Hero calls...

This is from memory but overall its close to truth...
Old 11-08-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: I don\'t like these two hands(NL100)

i like Hand 1 - only thing you have to fear is AK

Hand 2 is a little more tricky.. he could have a set with better kicker (less likely), a busted flushdraw, a straight.

i call here thinking that you're way ahead in the hand.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:30 PM

STACK SIZES!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

Hand 1: You have to bet the flop against 1 opponent. Bet the pot. Terrible check. Just call the c/r on the river. You are behind AK here.

Hand 2: Even worse. Raise flop, Raise Turn, Raise river. Good post because these look like bad lines.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Use a converter, you will get more and better replies.

1st hand - You don't list stacks sizes, but the min raise on the river is awful. Go to at least 60-75 or push.

2nd hand -- Raise the flop or raise the turn. You have position, use it to build up the pot. As played you have to call the river because villain most likely does not put you on a 7.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:39 PM

Well... I actually like the way I played Hand1(in retrospect)

The only question is: Are You calling if Villian pushes for 50 bucks more?...

Hand 2: I think I need to raise Turn, but I'm not sure... After the turn its obvious the villian has 7 at least... and 67, 97, A7 all have me beat... Calling seemed better since we both had 150 before the hand...
Old 11-08-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I think I need to raise Turn, but I'm not sure... After the turn its obvious the villian has 7 at least... and 67, 97, A7 all have me beat... Calling seemed better since we both had 150 before the hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

How can like how you played Hand 1? If villain limps with AK then so be it, but I'm piling on with 2nd nuts. If he raises $50 more, I'm all in. Any one who misplays AK this badly will not keep my money that long.

In hand 2 villain's range is wide. Since you are in calling station mode he doesn't figure you for a seven or maybe a 7 with a bad kicker. Raise the turn (not a min raise), if nothing else it gets you a cheaper showdown if you really think you are beat.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How can like how you played Hand 1? If villain limps with AK then so be it, but I'm piling on with 2nd nuts. If he raises $50 more, I'm all in. Any one who misplays AK this badly will not keep my money that long.

In hand 2 villain's range is wide. Since you are in calling station mode he doesn't figure you for a seven or maybe a 7 with a bad kicker. Raise the turn (not a min raise), if nothing else it gets you a cheaper showdown if you really think you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the min raise in hand 1, because I dont think Villian
will call anything bigger without a set at least(even if he is a donk), and set is HIGHLY unlikely given the checks on the flop and and river...

In hand 2 I dont see 67, 79, A7 slowing down if I raise the turn... 78 might slow down though....

Raising turn all of a sudden doest seem like such a good idea...

PS: Results will be interesting by the way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM

You are playing very passive. You have to be willing to bet with less than the nut, especially against villains who are not doing anything out of the ordinary.

In hand 1, what hand calls a min raise but doesn't call $40? Only a pair or a bluff, both of which would fold to any raise.

In hand 2, if you get raised then you lay it down, still cheaper than calling the monster river bet coming.

Your play is very passive. You will not maximize your winning hands and you will lose more calling down hands that you should be raising and folding to aggression.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:09 PM

Raise the flop in hand 2. His action and position probably means he has at least a 7 to protect against the draw. Alternatively, he could also have a boat on the flop and overbets to get in a fight with a 7 since there are so many limpers ahead of him 'one of them must have it'. Raise flop, check turn if he lets you, call river.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are playing very passive. You have to be willing to bet with less than the nut, especially against villains who are not doing anything out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I make tons of money allowing people to hang themselves... I'm not folding hand two to a raise on the turn, because people dont bet 2x pot with 66-67 on the flop in that situation.. If he has 79 or A7 - so be it... I'm minimizing losses from it and make the most from 78 type type of hands by just calling the turn... I can also bet a club river because villian DEFINATELY has 7, not a flush draw and MAYBE make him fold A7...