Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 05:53 PM

Default 55, how\'s my line for this hand?

Villain is 68.8/6.8/.91 over 44 hands. My play on the turn and expecially the river are where I would like comments.

ANTES/BLINDS
hero posts blind ($0.15)
BB posts blind ($0.25)
someone posts blind ($0.25)

PRE-FLOP dealt to hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
someon checks, one fold, villain calls, donk1 calls, one fold, donk2 calls, main donk calls, button calls, hero completes, bb checks

FLOP 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, bb folds, somone calls, villain calls, donk1 calls, donk2 calls, main donk calls, button folds

TURN 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Donk3 checks, hero checks, someone checks, villain bets, donk1 folds, donk2 folds, main donk calls, hero calls, somone folds

RIVER] board cards 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villain bets, main donk calls, hero raises...
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 55, how\'s my line for this hand?

I like the river raise. My question would be on the turn. Was the pot big enough for you to call here? Post some pot sizes because I'm too lazy to figure it out on my own right now.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 PM

And I am expected to not be as lazy?

On the flop, $1.50 or 6sb's, Turn was about $2.5 or 5bbs.

I called on the turn because a part of me thought that villain was simply betting because I checked.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:32 PM

I dont agree with the check on the river. Value bet, you have the best hand most likely. I wouldnt try anything funny because 55 are not that strong.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont agree with the check on the river. Value bet, you have the best hand most likely. I wouldnt try anything funny because 55 are not that strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops. I missed the fact that you checked on the river. I thought someone bet into you and then you raised. I would definitely bet out on the river as suggested here.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because 55 are not that strong

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? Even given the passive nature of the hand? I thought villain and the others were very likely to be betting a paired 4 or 2, and if they had had a pair that had me beaten, wouldn't I have heard about this earlier in the hand? Also, this is $.25-$.5, and I have only logged about 2k hands so far.