Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: KQo in a multiway pot (no hand)

I raise this in loose and in all passive games. Remember, you also have good position here. If the BB hits his 2 pair on the flop and starts betting into the PF raiser, you can slow down and lose less. Don't worry though, if you were playing 1/2 or .5/1, the guy in BB probably would have called your raise anyway--and, in most situations, he would have been paying you off at the river.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: KQo in a multiway pot (no hand)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my default is raise when i'm one of the first in. If 4 or 5 people come in in front of me, I'll raise if the majority of them are loose. otherwise i just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't bad, but it depends.

Let's suppose there's a tight player in there. The question is, did the tight player limp first-in, second-in, after 4 others? If a really tight passive player limped from early position, I might just call since we could be dominated. On the other hand, if a tight player limps after 4 others, it could easily be a pocket pair or another drawing hand, and our KQo is now worth a raise.

I'd say your thoughts aren't a bad guideline, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I look for. I thought OP was just looking for more simple guidelines though. But yes, tight, passive players limping in early position will have things like AJ, and sometimes AQ, which we don't like with KQo.