Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: ($22) How bad was this laydown?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As far as the 1100 posts, I have a prop bet with another player concerning posts before the end of the year...

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the brief hi-jack, but wtf kindof prop bet is this?????? Why not bet on the number of emails or IMs you can send? Is there a quality component of the posts, or can you just post "Do you see why" 23841384103413 times?

Certain gamblers amaze me sometimes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was approached about this in IM, and it is for a goodly amount.

It's a friend who is doing it so that "I get better" and only posts made in strat forums count.

yes, Im amazed by certain gamblers too.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:04 PM

This has been said before, by people much better than I - but it bears repeating.

People try to slowplay too much at SNGs. And in hold'em in general.

This isn't just "fastplay is the new slowplay". Its "when people show they want to put some money in the pot, give them an opportunity to put some more in".

I said it before in the thread, but when I've got a monster like this and its been raised and called in front for a substantial amount, I'm raising this almost every time. Pushing the flop works, personally I like raising to $300 or even min-raising.

Against your typical (i.e. sub-optimal) SNG opponents, the weaker raise - what we'd typically identify as a bet for value - is generally regarded as weakness. Min-raise in this situation and cackle with glee as A2o or even TT pushes over the top of you and you insta-call. Give one of these two opponenents the opportunity to make the mistake.

Oh, and to the original topic of the thread - I wouldn't be suprised at all if the push was someone holding Kx, or if not holding the case seven.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been said before, by people much better than I - but it bears repeating.

People try to slowplay too much at SNGs. And in hold'em in general.

This isn't just "fastplay is the new slowplay". Its "when people show they want to put some money in the pot, give them an opportunity to put some more in".

I said it before in the thread, but when I've got a monster like this and its been raised and called in front for a substantial amount, I'm raising this almost every time. Pushing the flop works, personally I like raising to $300 or even min-raising.

Against your typical (i.e. sub-optimal) SNG opponents, the weaker raise - what we'd typically identify as a bet for value - is generally regarded as weakness. Min-raise in this situation and cackle with glee as A2o or even TT pushes over the top of you and you insta-call. Give one of these two opponenents the opportunity to make the mistake.

Oh, and to the original topic of the thread - I wouldn't be suprised at all if the push was someone holding Kx, or if not holding the case seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my point, and you're right, at least at these levels, small bets are better than slowplaying, since donks seem to favor slowplaying alot, and will see it more readily.