Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: is LT that classy?

[ QUOTE ]
Read his post. He knew you were being sarcastic. He was merely pointing out that grouping CJ and TO is wrong as he thinks Owens is much less a classier player than CJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
DING DING DING!

Too bad you didn't score a 5 on an AP exam.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:19 PM

Just because CJ isn't at the very EXTREME end of the ass-ness level doesn't mean he's the most classy player ever. I think most people agree that TO is the most annoying jerk in the NFL, but I think CJ isn't too far behind based on his end-zone antics. I've heard Jaws and Mike2Mike complain it quite a few times now. Hines Ward's mimic of the Riverdance only affirms what his WR peers think of him.

So we disagree, does that mean I call you a moron too? :P

What does CJ do that separates him from the rest of the NFL and makes him above and beyond a "classy" player? The criterion used by the OP was that LT never celebrates when scoring TDs, which is the exact opposite as CJ. So based off the OP's post, I said they're both unclassy.

You make good points, but understand what I'm basing my post on too. Idiot.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:33 PM

The most celebration LT has done on a TD was 3 or 4 years ago in Oakland. Overtime game, LT breaks a 20-30 yard run for the win, kneels down in the endzone(the black hole side) and kinda leans back with his arms out. Now that I think of it, im pretty sure it was 4 years ago and that was due to the heated rivalry between the teams. Besides that he just flips it to the ref or puts his hand on his ear in san diego to hear the cheers. LT is 100% class, seems to live to the modo "act like you been there before".
Old 11-07-2005, 05:33 PM

I understand what you are basing your definition of class on, but more than one thing make up a player's attitude and overall demeanor. Celebrating a TD does not automatically make a player classless. If TO never scored another TD, but still acted the way he does now, he would still be a huge jerk.

If CJ never scored again, and therefore never celebrated a TD again, would he be classy? You might not consider him classy, but he sure wouldn't be totally classless.

But I understand where TO is coming from. I mean, dude has a family to feed.