Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Terrel Owens Suspended indef

i think the best part of this thing is that ESPN is probably the one getting [censored] by all this tonight. They are the ones that have built up this little soap opera over the past 2 years. They've reaped the benefits of people actually caring enough about it to actually watch countless extra hours of one of the 8 different ESPN channels on it. And now, ESPNs spotlight Sunday game, one between the Eagles and Skins, will most likely suffer tonight in one form or another by the absense of the star reciever. And I hope it does.

I happen to like watching Owens. He is a great receiver, and when he does get into the endzone, every once in awhile, he does some hilarious, crazy ass dance. I would probably appreciate it even more if I was an Eagles fan, just by flaunting it in the opponents face, with the "nanananabooboo" we're better than you attitude.

For as many people that hate him for being a whiny bitch about his contract, there are proportionally as many people in the NFL that think that he should get his money.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:46 AM

I think he's a great player on field and don't mind his end zone dances, and I don't really mind the contract stuff, but he is an awful teammate. You would think he wouldn't be able to wear out his welcome in Philly after last season but he has. He needs to STFU and play his role.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Was TO right?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and furthermore:

Do you really think Terrell Owens wants to play in Green Bay? Green Bay?

TO would never play for Green Bay, and Green Bay would never sign a malcontent like TO. Some organizations are far-sighted enough to avoid this kind of circus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think he'll end up in Green Bay, and I never suggested that he might end up in Green Bay, Indy, or any other particular place. As to whether Green Bay would actually sign someone like TO, I wouldn't try speaking for them.

When it comes to having a circus, who cares? The Eagles have a 17-4 record in the regular season with TO; so far it seems that the circus hasn't hurt the performance of the team much at all. Sure, he seems selfish and hard to get along with, but he helps the team win, and that's what is really important. He also is passionate, competitive, and gets himself in great shape. Unlike some other players, he doesn't tolerate losing. These are qualities I want with players on my team, even if they happen to run their mouths too often.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:59 AM

ive heard the falcons wrs are nothing special ........
Old 11-07-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Was TO right?

[ QUOTE ]

Should the Eagles have publicly recognized TO's 100th career TD?
As for the organization ignoring his individual accomplishment - I think the Eagles could have done wonders for their relationship with TO by showing him a little appreciation here. And it may have gone a ways toward shutting him up for the rest of the year and he may not have opened his big mouth about McNabb.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the Eagles to say that they don't recognize individual accomplishments is BS. They have retired numbers in the past. That sure seems like an individual thing to me.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:49 AM

Please God do not let TO play for Atlanta. Thank you.

(I'm usually all about talent, and he's one of the very few guys for whom I think the chemistry impact is so bad it's not worth it.)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For as many people that hate him for being a whiny bitch about his contract, there are proportionally as many people in the NFL that think that he should get his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players union advised him not to sign the Eagles offer in the first place. Due to the whole Baltimore-SF scenario, he had like zero leverage and he signed it. I agree he's def underpaid. But he did it to himself.

The thing I have always found ridiculous about this whole thing is when the cite McNabb saying they can win the Super Bowl without TO and TO's being insulted. What the hell else is he going to say?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing I have always found ridiculous about this whole thing is when the cite McNabb saying they can win the Super Bowl without TO and TO's being insulted. What the hell else is he going to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It's the week before the Superbowl and you want the franchise player going to a news conference saying "Yeah we lost a wide receiver and basically we're [censored] because he is a demigod and a perfect player"? WTF no. They just won the conference championship without him, and even if that hadn't been the case TO just can't expect McNabb to say something like that.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's bugging me too. They are saying now that McNabb not saying "let's win this for T.O." last season is where the whole relationship deteriorated. If that's true, T.O. is like a psycho chick. Funny, I always thought the turning point it was when he hired Rosenhaus.

Mort was on the Patrick show and speculated there is a very good chance he's going to be released today.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Well apparently the Eagles are suspending him for 4 games and then Keyshawning him for the rest of the season. So he is done with the Eagles now.