Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Strange betting pattern....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather bet/fold the turn, but, your turn check opened you up to getting bluffed on the river possibly. I think that if you are gonna check the turn then you should be checking the river also

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't bet/folding the turn open you up to more of a bluff? If you check the turn, you can call the same single bet on the river and see a showdown. I don't plan on folding once I check the turn, so I will be picking off any bluffs. One of the best ways to use position to our advantage is to check behind sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I check behind often here too. I played in a hand much similar to this and villain cr'ed a pair of 9s or 8s that he thought was good. The way you played the hand, it looks like you have a mid pair or that you're on a total bluff. so villain might actually cr on a value bluff. there aren't too many opponents that check an ace on the river here. perhaps a king, but even those would not usually cr. you have to call, if for nothing else, for future reference on how to play this opponent -- as this is strange.