Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Flopped Low Flush

Skins 2/4

I'm in SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4 limpers to me and I call. The BB checks.

5 to the flop for 10SB's
the flop is
6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet. BB folds. 2 calls. Button raises. I 3-bet. Two calls. Button caps. I call. One fold. One call.

3 of us to the turn for 12.5BB's.
The turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet. MP calls. Button raises. I 3-bet. Mp calls. Button caps. We both call.

3 to the river for 24.5BB's
River is the Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check. Mp bets! Button calls. I scratch my balls and raise. MP 3-bets! Button calls. I call.

Edited to say I have no reads as I just sat down.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Flopped Low Flush

i would never be that aggressive with such an easily beaten flush. by the turn when he reraised i'm all done betting and just calling it down.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:40 PM

Against 2 opponents I would raise this river approximately never. MP3 calling along the whole way, and then pumping the river, makes me think he flopped a medium flush, let you guys do the betting for him, and now is value-betting now that he sees the 4th [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] didn't come. Button might have just the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but paired his kicker somewhere along the way so he's sticking around.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:00 PM

Can anyone guess what I was thinking?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone guess what I was thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

That Button flopped a set and MP rivered a straight?
Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 PM

I would start calling down when Button raised the turn.

As for the river, my guess is that MP flopped a flush and was enjoying the show during the flop and turn. I don't think I'd checkraise. I mean, I guess Button could just have a set or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something, but I'm worried he started worrying about whether his flush was big enough once MP1 woke up.

Okay. The action is confusing, I'll admit, and I'm not sure what the hell is going on on the river. But I would have slowed down a little sooner.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:47 AM

You way overplayed your hand. I'd start calling down on the turn.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:08 AM

I would not 3bet the turn, looks to me like he must have a higher flush than you do. He might have trips but I don't think he'd be so aggressive on the turn in that case.

And for the same reason I wouldn't raise the river either.
Maybe you're up against a super aggressive maniac, but if not, then I think you are beat by a higher flush. I still want to see a showdown but I want to get it cheap.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:28 AM

I was thinking on the flop that button could easily be pumping a draw or set or even two-pair. On the turn I 3-bet, thinking there was a good chance I was beat but hoping for a set or two-pair or something and considering I had some overlay with MP coming along presumeably with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I thought a 3-bet wasn't terrible. When he capped I thought "CRAP!" and decided to make a crying calldown.

On the river I checked, the str8 draw came through and MP2 wakes up und button only calls. At this point I'm thinking there's a good chance MP has AK with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as he had shown no strength prior. I'm convinced now that button does not have the flush so I figured "what the hell?" put in one last raise as I knew I had button beat and thought it was 50/50 whether MP had the nut flush or not. There's no way I'm raising if that draw doesn't hit. When MP 3-bet I might have well mucked my hand but the pot was ginormous so I threw in 4 more bucks for frosting.

Results below
<font color="white">Button had JTo, MP had Ad Kd for the flopped nut flush</font>