Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Re: O8: (mis)playing suited A or A2

First you need to ask is the raiser on a low (specifically A2)? Many aggressive players raise with A34s, AA non suited, ss or ds. Then there are those that raise with high hands. Which type is the raiser?
Second, how many players are already in? The more players the more you want to call.
Third, are you playing a typical low limit game where people will play slop even if it is capped pre-flop?
Fourth, why not consider making it 3 bets! Again, the more players the more +EV this would be. If the low flops you will lose players post-flop and their dead money - so get it in there pre-flop.
IMHO A2 is playable in any position for any number of bets in low limit games - even in the worst case hand A27T without a flush draw.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IMHO A2 is playable in any position for any number of bets in low limit games - even in the worst case hand A27T without a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi iblucky4u2:

I agree. One of the reasons for this is that even though the seven or ten are fairly worthless cards in this game, you will sometimes win a pot because of them.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-24-2003, 08:06 AM

Thanks, those are good points. There is a line where he talks about how the only reason to raise preflop in o8 is to buy the button but if you had a and like AA23, A234, that you ought to raise. When I think about that I'm always worried about getting 1/4rd, especially in tournament play. It's my paranoia...thankfully the fish can't read.....or they know better [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the reply