Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Some thoughts on optimal PLO8 play

Good post, I agree with everything you wrote. When you have a player berating you for playing too aggressively and costing "extra rake" or pushing the third player out of the pot, that's a very good sign. This player sucks, and he'll be a lucrative person to have at the table with you.

I forget--were you Vader from the other night? I think you were, but not sure. Anyway, I thought that guy (you, probably) played very well in that session. I remember thinking your game could easily win at much higher levels, although it sounded like wifey might protest.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:03 PM

I was vader. I think I should be able to get to the 100 level soon and should play more at the $50. Right now I am a bit too conservative with my BR, because I am basically in the situation where if I lose it, it will be a while before my wife lets me play again (even though I have taken out more than 40 times what I originally put in for family related stuff). She will just remember that I lost $1000 not that I started with $50 and took out over $2000. If I lose my BR I become a losing player to her with no hope to make money in the future. And even when I can play again it will probably be for about $50. I also don't play as much as I would like.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was vader. I think I should be able to get to the 100 level soon and should play more at the $50. Right now I am a bit too conservative with my BR, because I am basically in the situation where if I lose it, it will be a while before my wife lets me play again (even though I have taken out more than 40 times what I originally put in for family related stuff). She will just remember that I lost $1000 not that I started with $50 and took out over $2000. If I lose my BR I become a losing player to her with no hope to make money in the future. And even when I can play again it will probably be for about $50. I also don't play as much as I would like.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to get a separate checking account just for poker - my wife has no idea how much i have wrapped up in netteller,poker sites and personal checking - she just knows she gets a bi-weekly poker spouse paycheck
Old 11-07-2005, 03:40 PM

Jesus. It's men like you that are fcking over all of us. Take control of your bitches guys.

Thank god this site isn't in Swedish.