Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 PM

Default How many bets you loose with this?

UB 3/6 3 handed

Villian here is 23/18/2, I am 22/15/2.5(I stay on that gas a little to hard postflop ya think or is that ok?). These stats are for 5 or 6 handed.

Villian raises, SB folds, I 3bet, Villian caps.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, raise, 3bet, cap.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, call

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, call

I have question's about every street, I have pocket 8's, How much do would you like to win with that and more importantly how much do you think you should loose with a hand like that?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: How many bets you loose with this?

I c/r this flop usually, it seems to be the line that does best against both big over cards (charges them the most) and big pairs(prevents us from getting raised on the big streets). If I get 3bet I call down...

if it was a 6 or 5 handed game and hand ranges were tighter I'd call a 3bet and fold the turn UI, but 3handed ppl get a bit crazy so I'd call our mediocre overpair down after getting 3bet on the flop.

Surf
Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM

HU with a big over pair, when someone C/R me on a flop such as that i call and raise a non [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn, as do a lot of people it seems.

so im not sure the flop C/R could be cited as saving us bets when we are behind, unless you can confidently fold to the turn raise.

its 3-6 though so i agree you dont want to be using bet/fold lines too frequently, unless you really know the opponent well.

[edit] the suited nature of the board is actaully not particulary necessary given the PF action.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:55 PM

I think I can feel comfortable folding this, at least some of the time, if the action is a flop check/raise and we get raised on the turn.