Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: 77 vs. SB

[ QUOTE ]

When you consider a 3-bet are you thinking about the times you have to call a cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about including that in my other post, but I think it might be a good idea to 3-bet/fold to a cap. Given his current action, the likelihood of him having a ten is decent, but not enormous. If he decides to cap the river, I think we can be pretty sure we are beat, and fold. On a board that scary, along with the strength we have shown, kudos to him if he can get us to fold with a worse hand.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:26 PM

I'm not sure what the flop raise accomplishes???? He's either beating you or he has a draw + overcards that is probably close to 50% equity against your hand. Yet, you voluntarily put more money in and risk getting 3-bet..... I call the flop bet and tread carefully from there. Your hand is mediocre and has the danger of being a chip-spewing 2nd best if you aren't careful.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the flop raise accomplishes???? He's either beating you or he has a draw + overcards that is probably close to 50% equity against your hand. Yet, you voluntarily put more money in and risk getting 3-bet..... I call the flop bet and tread carefully from there. Your hand is mediocre and has the danger of being a chip-spewing 2nd best if you aren't careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was going to check the turn UI to lose less or encourage a bluff. that was my thinking at the time anyway. i am open to opinions. if he donked the turn i knew i had problems. otherwise i typically play fast on the flop to save on the big streets.