Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Am I too tight now?

I have spent the last year trying to tighten up and work on my hand selection, now I am noticing that the blinds and timecharge are chewing away my stack. It is also causing me to tilt easier when the hands I play get cracked, or I get impatient and start donkin it up. This has only been going on for the last 2 or 3 months of B and M. Am I just on a cold card streak, does this happen to other people? The streaks do come, but Ive been tilting a lot lately. Ive tried reading PFAP and TOP, and reading the boring session post. I think that I am turning into one of the old fartbags that I used to tear apart. Any thoughts?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Am I too tight now?

Well idk what hands you are playing and itd be hard to say since you are playing live, but i think you are probably just in a downswing
Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 AM

It's hard to say if you are playing too tight when we have no idea what hands you play, what limits you play, or the texture of your game.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 AM

It's hard to tell if you are playing too tight or if you are playing without confidence. When I hit a cold streak, I don't get worried unless I am making poor decisions. Another thing that helps is setting session targets. If I hit a target during a game, I usually stop playing. This helps to avoid losing a session profit due to bad luck or poor play