Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: The REAL story on Pokershare/UB

[ QUOTE ]
wow that is well written, pretty much almost TOO well written, almost as if someone (UB) might have paid you to post this. lets just say its been done in the past, im still suspicious

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this make UB look good? Does not look like it to me. If UB wrote this it would be a bunch of mumbo jumbo legal stuff making it look like they did not have a choice in the matter (pure crap). UB wants this to go away as quietly as possible... not have bracelet winners posting about it on the forum.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Dan, why all the hostility toward baldness? Did you just get a hair transplant or something?

traitor
Old 11-03-2005, 02:31 AM

why are the pokershare forums down now? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 03:21 AM

Soon to be followed by the rest of the Pokershare site I suspect...
Old 11-03-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow that is well written, pretty much almost TOO well written, almost as if someone (UB) might have paid you to post this. lets just say its been done in the past, im still suspicious

[/ QUOTE ]

Druff has no ties to UB. And if you knew anything about him you'd know he actually is not a fan of UB and has been very furious with their support in the past.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Druff has no ties to UB. And if you knew anything about him you'd know he actually is not a fan of UB and has been very furious with their support in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-03-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly UB couldn't stand the competition. Why would the 'flagship' site on any other network let some newcomer take away all of their players? UB didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Competition? They just blatantly stole UB players. competition is when you get your own players. PokerNow did the same thing and got squashed like the piece of sxxt they were and Pokershare got the same.

I'm not on UB's side either. If they are not smart enough to block all the fence jumpers then they got what they deserve. Bad word of mouth and lotsa pissed players.

To me Titan (formerly Noble) has this game down. They don't get a skin they build their own base of players. Sold it to very weak marketer Empire (even worse then UB, see antonio).

They do this with tough yung salesman that close deals with strong affiliates and web site owners. They sold out Noble (huge $$) paid us all off handsomely (affiliates) and started Titan the next day. They are smart. Sell to a weak sales force (empire, they have not even called me, I have 5 sites) who won't go after business and Empire doesnt even require a non compete clause?

Maxy/Pokershare had a huge opportunity. You give me that shot I hire a buncha yung guns (closers) give them money to throw at affiliates and watch it grow. Titan has 12 guys in a room with a killer manager. Empire will call me someday if their 1 english speaker frees up. All that $$ and you don't have a clue.

Back to Max/tool boy. Instead of using great software and good action (especially tourneys) to build his own base he solicited 2+2 and others lookin for ship jumpers. Remeber that thread where he didnt answer many direct questions but tried to sell all on his site.

I understand the ship jumpin. I couldnt say no either. I was an early playa at UB and had no rake back. But I knew it wouldnt last.

UB should have taken care of players like me that couldnt afford to 4 table without rake. Again they screw up.

But don't blame UB because Maxy/Pokershare wasnt strong enough to do the right thing and build his own player base. Titan is doing it with ho hum software and no player base.

You give that marketing job to a closer and good leader and you don't need to steal.

Don't forget all the affiliates that lost good long time players here also.

I hate Max, he jacked me around a bunch and never returned emails on important questions I had. This after signing 500 players in 3 weeks (75 real money). He got what he deserves, a death sentence (I hope) for not having the balls to do it right and for allowing thousands of players to now sit and wait for their BR to come by snail mail.

It might have been a corporate decision (as Dan Druff said) to withhold money transfers but who set this in motion? Pokershare thought they could bully UB and found out quickly they were sadly mistaken.

I have one disabled player that is on the rail. Her entire BR is being sent snail mail (we hope) Her Poker play each day made her life pretty fun.

Not sure if this has been covered but I understand why they are sending snail mail checks. Print, stuff, sign, postage and mail out? Sounds like a lotta work when you have everyones Neteller addie right?

FLOAT. They are using this several million dollars as float. Most won't cash checks for 10 days or more. Interest on 2 million or more is sum good dough. Plus no outgoing neteller fees. Its the final slap in the face to us all. Ya, we screwed up and didn't do business correctly. We don't care about you, you will get your money when we send it.

Lotsa good sites. Pass the word Pokershare will be dead soon if we all write and tell players to stay away.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:28 AM

The reason that they are closing ONLY North American accounts is because of the Securities and Exchange Commission of the United States of America. Poker Share is proposing to give each player some shares of the company named "PokerShare.Com" and each player would share in the profits of this company named "PokerShare.Com". The problem with this is that the United States Government, with its Securities and Exchange Commission, and the other countries that make up the continent of North America (Canada, Mexico, Greenland, Bermuda and the French islands of St-Pierre et Miquelon) have certain standards that a company or corporation must meet if these companies and corporations want to sell or give away shares of their corporate stock. I'm convinced that PokerShare.Com does not meet these strict standards and therefore must not give away or sell shares of PokerShare.Com's corporate stock to residents of North America and particularly residents of the United States of Amercia. There are many people in American prisons today that have tried to do the same thing that PokerShare.Com is trying to do. PokerShare.Com may succeed with their proposal in other countries but they'll never do it in the United States of Amercia.....Most civilized countries have laws against the devious tricks that UltimateBet.Com and PokerShare.Com were trying to use for underhanded purposes to cheat people. UltimateBet.Com's lawyers read the contract that they had with PokerShare.Com and knew exactly what they were doing when they went into this agreement with PokerShare.Com. These two companies are among the world's lowest forms of life and calling them "SLEAZY" would be an expression of esteem, respect and affection!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 AM

I'm sorry.

It's just that seeing Max's picture made me feel like I had a full head of hair again.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:15 AM

The post by "lslslsls" is obviously ludicrous in certain ways (Pokershare was violating Greenland's SEC standards?!), but I feel it's worth responding to because there have been several SEC-related posts regarding this situation.

There are a few reasons that it's highly unlikely Pokershare shut down due to SEC violations.

First, despite Pokershare's usage of terminology such as "own" and "share", you actually couldn't own any part of the company. Ownership would involve actually having a piece of the company. For example, if you "owned" 2% of Pokershare, and Pokershare sold their operation for $10 million, you would receive $200,000. However, under the Pokershare "player ownership" model, you would receive nothing. This was simple profit-sharing, not ownership.

Second, US law makes it illegal to run an online gambling site. There's no way that a company would worry about United States SEC violations, yet not care about US laws against telephone/internet gambling. Certain poker sites (i.e. Ladbrokes) won't take US customers because of ties to other American interests. However, it's all or nothing. Either you are willfully violating American law by running a poker site, or you're not. There's no in between.

Third, there would be no reason to shut down all NORTH AMERICAN accounts if it were just about the US and the SEC. Why drag Canada into this? Why Mexico? This is all about marketing share. When Max Wright eventually speaks on this matter, you'll see that I was right.

Finally, remember that Pokershare wasn't the one to close these accounts. Excapsa did it, and Pokershare wasn't even aware of it. If Pokershare really shut off North American players due to fear of the SEC, they'd certainly have known about their own actions!