Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Holdem/foldem challenge

[ QUOTE ]
Did I leave the oven on?

(walks to the fridge, opens and asks Chris Ferguson)

Folds em.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why he would call the flop bet if he didn't have anything at all. If he was on a flush draw he would have (most likely) pushed the flop, not the turn.

IMO
Old 11-03-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why he would call the flop bet if he didn't have anything at all. If he was on a flush draw he would have (most likely) pushed the flop, not the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this. So it is "standard" to push with a (possible) 35%er?

Dudes, I hold'em. But then I was never know for making good folds.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 AM

sorry, this requires more. Many players call the flop bet simply becuase they expect you to bet the flop no matter what. Doyle has taught us all to do that. So when you check the turn, they (correctly) smell weakness. A large percentage of the poker communtiy shoves here no matter what. Now, I agree that PPs are very possible, but the more likely PPs are the lower ones. It could be that he has a King, but if so, he chose not to raise the flop with a flush draw out there (though many palyers do that too). So it comes down to pot odds. Are you good here more than 33% of the time? I say yes, and I call.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:05 AM

Hold'em.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:40 AM

I don't see anything but a pocket pair or bluff for villian which you are more often than not ahead of, I discount 99-QQ, but 55 is looking dangerous.
In anycase Hold-em.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 AM

I didn't think villain has a K, but I thought he thought I didn't have a K. The way he pushed when I checked the turn me suspicious. Plus I was getting good pot odds at this point.

I called and villain had 22. Of course that doesn't make the call necessarily correct.

I have noticed that sometimes when you will check the turn or river people will fire and sometimes you can be fairly sure you are ahead.

I did sort of have a read that villain was aggressive. We were both big stacks. I was raising a lot and had raised the previous hand, so I thought when he called he might be trying to pick me off.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 AM

Close decision, wouldve gone with my gut.
I probably bet less on the flop though, 1500.

Betgo, what's your plan if Villain bets 2000 here and not allin?
Old 11-03-2005, 10:55 AM

To me this bet looks like a pair like 99 or TT. He figures that you don't have a K and wants to take the pot right there. This doesn't really look like he has a K, but it's possible. Borderline call.You probably win 40-50% of the time.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To me this bet looks like a pair like 99 or TT. He figures that you don't have a K and wants to take the pot right there. This doesn't really look like he has a K, but it's possible. Borderline call.You probably win 40-50% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I win 40-50% of the time, it is not a borderline call. My pot odds are much better than that.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did sort of have a read that villain was aggressive. We were both big stacks. I was raising a lot and had raised the previous hand, so I thought when he called he might be trying to pick me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

with that info, i think it's pretty close. without it, i give him credit and fold.