Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: KQ - WA/WB?

The UTG limper was like 75/4 and the reason I was at the table. The other limper was pretty loose too, like 45/16 or something. I didn't include this info because I didn't think preflop would be the focus of the discussion. Does the fact that it's going to take dynamite to get either of these guys out of the pot change anyone's decision from 3bet to call?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:22 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
The UTG limper was like 75/4 and the reason I was at the table. The other limper was pretty loose too, like 45/16 or something. I didn't include this info because I didn't think preflop would be the focus of the discussion. Does the fact that it's going to take dynamite to get either of these guys out of the pot change anyone's decision from 3bet to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. now I think it's close. there's some value, and you have postiion on the PFR, but waiting to raise a niec flop is probably best
Old 11-02-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe. now I think it's close. there's some value, and you have postiion on the PFR, but waiting to raise a niec flop is probably best

[/ QUOTE ]

So assuming less retarded limpers behind you, what is your 3betting range for this situation?

I think mine is something like TT+, AJs+, KQs+, AQo+.

Assuming I have some fold equity, do you think I should be raising 88, 99, KJs, AJo ?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So assuming less retarded limpers behind you, what is your 3betting range for this situation?

I think mine is something like TT+, AJs+, KQs+, AQo+.

Assuming I have some fold equity, do you think I should be raising 88, 99, KJs, AJo ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on how retarded the SB is. The more retarded he is, the lighter you should be three-betting. You should strongly favor pairs like 99 over hands like KJ.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 reasons:
1. you have position on the PFR
2. you face 2 limpers with 2 more bets. usually shorthanded limpers have weak hands and even semi-loose ones will dump them for 2 more. dead money is free money, and I'm jewish, and as we all know, jewish people love free money
3. the PFR has a 17 PFR which means that his range is wide enough that we're not necessarily dominated. we may even have him dominated.

none of these things are enough to make it a 3-bet, but together I think it's a 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]