Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Default 1/2 nl live QJs LP

stack sizes:

hero: ~350$
villain 1: 90$
villain 2: 100$

hero is on button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain 1 is UTG preflop and limps, villain 2 is UTG+1 preflop and limps, villain 1 is tight but is known to chase flush draws, villain 2 is unknown.

folded to hero who bumps it to 7$ (i'm in aggressive mode LP at this point then tighten up later) blinds fold, villains call.

flop (21$ after rake):

J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

villain 1 bets 11$, villain 2 calls, hero thinks and makes it 30$, villain 1 calls, villain 2 folds.

turn (80$ after rake):
[J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

villain 1 bets out for 20$, hero?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live QJs LP

[ QUOTE ]
villain 1 is tight

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand range do you put Villan 1 on? KJ/AJ/44/55/Q10ss/99 and a few others IMO are his hand range. I think I fold given the action.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Could vilian still be on a flush draw?
He only bet 1/2 to pot on the flop. He could be building the pot and blocking.
He still has the pot odds to call the raise on the flop. That would be $19 to call into a pot of $73.
It looks like another blocking be on the turn. He might even have to over cards to the flush thinking that one or both of them are still live.

I dont think I'm giving this up yet. I would either raise on call and see what he does on the turn.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villain 1 is tight

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand range do you put Villan 1 on? KJ/AJ/44/55/Q10ss/99 and a few others IMO are his hand range. I think I fold given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

i folded. the real read came on the turn when the continuation bet came. i thought two pair, asked if that's what she had when i folded, she showed 54o.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:30 PM

With a short stack would Villian bet this way on the turn with a flush draw to save money? If so, then you raise him all-in on the turn.

Villian does not have much left ($33). Is the $20 bet on the turn small enough that he seems to be trying to get as much money as possible from you?