Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 PM

Default An interesting pf situation... 200nl 6max

All players are ~30/7/1.5 or so.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($218)
UTG ($138)
MP ($234.90)
Hero ($240.50)
Button ($263.70)
SB ($8.28)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes $7.28 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $6.28, MP calls $6.28, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, UTG folds, MP folds.

The rest of the hand isnt important, it turns out i hit a set on the flop and got quads on the turn. So i missed out on a lot of extra $, so thats basically why im posting this. Thoughts on the pf move?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: An interesting pf situation... 200nl 6max

Thats a big raise that I dont see much that you are beating calling. Why did you make it? It was too large and your hand probably isnt good enough to value bet there. If you are gonna raise make it like 30 to go, something a little small. I usually just call in that situation.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 PM

Raise PF the first time.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:56 PM

not a fan.

I don't like committing so much just to isolate for a possible coinflip.

I mean you are coinflip with any 2 broadway.

just call the bet and play for implied odds.

your raise is likely +ev but I think calling is more +ev as you are likely seeing a lot of freecards since people won't bluff in to dry sidepots and thus you could turn the set or possibly river the set for free.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Not intending to hijack this thread, but I posted a question about isolating (in which you did here) and got few responses. here

Can you explain some reasoning for isolation tactics?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was my last orbit and I was doing some other things online, I was trying to not get really involved in a hand. I always raise in this position, just external circumstances made me not.

The amount was too much, I agree. I think that was the biggest mistake with the hand.

I saw this as the perfect opportunity to isolate with all the dead money and being in position against what I perceived as ATC.

If I had been relatively certain the blind was going to push ATC, does it change anyones opinion on the line?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was my last orbit and I was doing some other things online, I was trying to not get really involved in a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, just quit. Or wait a few minutes to continue to do your "other things" online.

If you are 100% sure SB will be going all-in, I don't mind the iso-raise. But it's still pretty big.