Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Value bet river with AA? Party 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if your hand is not strong enough to pay to a river raise isn't check call better for this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of us find it hard to check/call when closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I have never once been able to succesfuly pull off that move, and I have quite a few hands under my belt.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:05 AM

As I see it, you should check. The only pockets that will continue playing this hand are done flushes and K-trips. And they will check-raise. Probably no risk that a full house shows. Really bad play by him if that is the case. At least I would fold hands like AQ in this situation. AQ is good enough to call with until the river-K shows. But then it is a obvious fold. Lower pocket pairs should have folded at least after turn.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold hands like AQ in this situation. AQ is good enough to call with until the river-K shows. But then it is a obvious fold. Lower pocket pairs should have folded at least after turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to remember these guys aren't you, and they don't play like you.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM

True.

But since there are 2 K's I assume that you will not get called by hands that is not Kx, AA or a made flush. A bet here is for me money in the lake. You will not get called by a lesser hand.

If I understand correct you have just sat down and do not have a read on your opponents, so you cannot be sure of anything. As you write yourself that you could very well be up against KJ-K7. And what to do with a cr? You are obviously beaten if you get to that stage.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True.

But since there are 2 K's I assume that you will not get called by hands that is not Kx, AA or a made flush. A bet here is for me money in the lake. You will not get called by a lesser hand.

If I understand correct you have just sat down and do not have a read on your opponents, so you cannot be sure of anything. As you write yourself that you could very well be up against KJ-K7. And what to do with a cr? You are obviously beaten if you get to that stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't think anything is holding them back from calling with a queen, or pocket pair like JJ or TT.

And if I am obviously beaten at that stage when I get check-raised, then I would obviously fold at that stage, when I am beaten.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold hands like AQ in this situation. AQ is good enough to call with until the river-K shows. But then it is a obvious fold. Lower pocket pairs should have folded at least after turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to remember these guys aren't you, and they don't play like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's further behind trip kings than a pair of kings? That K is the best card in the deck for someone callind down with AQ, no?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:38 PM

the k pairing makes it even more enticing for lower pairs (esp aq) to call down.