Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Two 1010 OOP hands

<u>HAND 1</u> : No read on villain he had only played about 10 hands 33/0/1.3

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

How do you play this flop with a relatively large number of players in? I was planning on check raising if a lp player bet to protect my hand and fold if a bet was called by two or more players...standard?

Flop: (11 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

I really didn't like the club here as it limits the hands I am ahead of. Do you continue to bet here?

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

How do you like this line? Is this standard when his bet limits field on flop?

<u>HAND 2:</u>

Villain is 40/0/2.5 after about 30 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Is the turn bet just spewing? I always feel uncomfortable on a hand like this. A continuation bet on the flop is a must here right? What action do you recommend on the turn?

Thanks for the help,

JC
Old 11-02-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Two 1010 OOP hands

hand 1 sucks, but you need to bet the flop and go from there, which most of the time is going to involving folding the turn UI.

hand 2 is standard.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:12 AM

Hands like these just aren't much fun.

In the first hand, I'd probably just go ahead and fire into the field. Someone with a hand like QJo really should have a hard time calling anyway, with that ace on the flop, though the table does seem kind of loose. Chances are, someone out there's got a weak ace, though. If not, you could also end up losing to someone's flopped gutshot or flush draw. But the pot's not empty, so I'd bet and represent the ace and try to clear out overcards to my pair, based on the idea that I could be ahead.

Anyway, you did get heads-up on the flop, but the turn card is depressing. You're really hoping for a worse pocket pair or a very loose preflop call on Villain's part at this point. I kind of want to just check-fold, but we don't know anything about Villain, so I guess I'd bet-fold and hope he's got 44 or 55 or is a loose chaser.

I hesitate to take bet-fold river lines against unknowns, since there are a few players out there who love to bluff-raise the river. So I can see check-calling the river. The problem is, if Villain has a hand like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (with a club to keep him in on the turn), there's a good chance he won't bet it himself. But you do at least avoid getting bluff-raised off of the best hand this way.

In any event, I suspect you were behind once the flop came, actually. Check-folding the turn once the flush draw gets there (which ruins your best remaining hope) might be the sensible approach. The thing is, though, I think Villain most likely has one of three things on the flop: an ace, a flush draw, or a pocket pair. And there aren't many 2/4 players who will fold any of those hands to a single flop raise, once they've bet. (And there's even some chance Villain was mostly just taking a stab, because he was checked to.)

Ugh! Like I said, hands like this one aren't fun. I think part of the problem, though, is that it's really hard to interpret Villain's flop bet. Just the same, if I led the flop and got called in one place, I think I might fire again on the turn, uncomfortably. And then if I got called again, that leaves the awkward river.

Hand 2: Well, Villain could have JT/QT or two diamonds or a 9, but getting called on this flop basically sucks.

I think I might just check-fold the turn and let Villain steal. There's a really good chance he's got us beat, if he's calling the flop. It's possible I'm letting the results influence me, though.

Once you bet the turn and Villain raises, the fold seems all right to me. I guess your six sketchy outs aren't enough to call with, though I'm tempted to.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:32 AM

I like to bet out on hand one then reevaluate probably folding the turn..

Hand two I think check the turn and fold river ui