Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Debate over hand

Post it in the MTT/STT forums, you'll get a lot better answer.

That said, I don't understand why you wouldn't push. You have 7BB, and you'll be in the BB the next hand. A raise commits you to the pot. Your hand is 60/40 over a range of random hands, and there's already 45k in the pot. If you fold, you're basically hoping for the short stack to bust, but that's if he doesn't double up. Additionally, the chips that come out of your stack in the next orbit reduces the fold equity you have against the big stack as well.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM

the big stack will likely call you with less a hand b/c he is the big stack. A raise of only 90K leaves the door open for him to push you all in, now what are you going to do? At this point, I want to be going all in, not calling an all in. It's 3 handed, you have a strong hand, take the blinds while you can, they are high enough now where they will help your stack.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 AM

push.

but what do I know, I'm not one of the:

[ QUOTE ]
better poker players

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 01:56 PM

this really to me is all about your table image. i really try to mix up bets in a short game. sometimes pushing all in, sometimes min raising, sometimes a 3-4x raise. to me this is where alot of money is won and lost. if a villain has a read on you then your toast - its only by mixing it up where you can keep the FE high in my opinion

for instance, if a guy constantly is going all in short handed and stealing my blinds then the range of hands i put him on steadily gets wider. on the other hand if he pushes some hands, limps others, and bets in between on still others then im left wondering. usually i convince myself that an all in is a weaker hand then a 3-4x raise. im sure we've all done it but i sometimes push with a killer hand to induce a call (esp if ive been caught previously)

short of table image info, i would tend to do a three times bet on this - that leaves enuf to push after the flop with a bit of FE and if he pushes you really dont mind getting all your chips in
Old 11-01-2005, 02:13 PM

is this a wpt hand or something? whatever it is, it brought a million people i don't know out of the woodwork (not soss).

turbo-push.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:22 PM

what does it matter he is aggressive. you have pushed in. you can't be aggressive against somebody that has already pushed in.

it is an easy pushin..fine you can raise, but it basically does the same thing.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a wpt hand or something? whatever it is, it brought a million people i don't know out of the woodwork (not soss).

turbo-push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was originally in the wrong forum or something. Funny that the other forums aren't putting up pictures of cows and yelling PUSH at the top of their lungs like they should.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The likely answer is going all in, but im trying to make a case that raising isn't necessarily a bad play either on what kind of a read you have on chip leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising would be the absolute worst play. Pushing is the best option, limping a somewhat close second .. folding is out of the question.