Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2003, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Hand from last nights Two Plus Two table

I'd put you on either a big A or a pair that spiked a set. I could see Cash having a flush draw where he paired up J's on the end (or maybe even a smaller pair and wanted to call down). Or him having a decent A to your set.

But at that table, where pairs are big favorites, it's a tough read - for me at any rate.

- Groove
Old 10-22-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
i did think u were behind on flop, so put him on 2 pair and u on good ace but thought if u ended up with best hand u had to hit the J on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

No way did I think I did not have the lead. If he had a better hand he would have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop meant he wanted to see if he had the best hand. I did not put him on a flush draw.

When I checked the turn I did not know if I would get the check raise off. I thought a check raise would work better than a bet. If I bet he might not raise. I decided to make the riskier play.

too much thinking...

This is why we post our hands.

Old 10-22-2003, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd put you on either a big A or a pair that spiked a set. I could see Cash having a flush draw where he paired up J's on the end (or maybe even a smaller pair and wanted to call down). Or him having a decent A to your set.

But at that table, where pairs are big favorites, it's a tough read - for me at any rate.

- Groove

[/ QUOTE ]

glad im not the only one [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 08:59 AM

No way did I think I did not have the lead. If he had a better hand he would have reraised preflop. The raise on the flop meant he wanted to see if he had the best hand. I did not put him on a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop, not for info, but because he was ahead. unless u know he would call raises preflop with A-8 i dont think you can assume a raise on the flop is for info.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop, not for info, but because he was ahead. unless u know he would call raises preflop with A-8 i dont think you can assume a raise on the flop is for info.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you know where he's at on the turn though. im just talking about the flop above.
he likely has a weak ace without 3 betting the turn...
Old 10-22-2003, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say raise for information, I mean to say, he raised to see if he had the best hand. When I did not reraise he thought he did have the best hand.

I think he should have taken the free card on the turn.

Old 10-22-2003, 09:24 AM

You had AA, he had ... how about AQ.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say raise for information, I mean to say, he raised to see if he had the best hand. When I did not reraise he thought he did have the best hand.

I think he should have taken the free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally
Old 10-22-2003, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a case of seeing monsters under the bed. Against a typical passive player maybe you can begin to think you are behind when you get raised, but against a 2+2er our hero is still in the lead 90% of the time.

I was quite surprised when I saw the results of the hand, I'm a bit disappointed that a 2+2er would be cold-calling raises with ATo.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i strongly disagree with this statement. he could easily had A-8 suited as A-10 and re reraised you with it on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a case of seeing monsters under the bed. Against a typical passive player maybe you can begin to think you are behind when you get raised, but against a 2+2er our hero is still in the lead 90% of the time.

I was quite surprised when I saw the results of the hand, I'm a bit disappointed that a 2+2er would be cold-calling raises with ATo.

[/ QUOTE ]

im just saying you cant assume he didnt flop a set or 2 pair. just like you cant assume he has you beat.
but it doesnt matter, becuase im not saying he should be scared at all. were talking about what hand to put him on, and this bloke is a 2+2'r so i was giving him the benefit of the doubt