Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Evolving from weak-tightie (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, being OOP is not great, but usually I go for a cont. bet

If he raises I can usually fold feeling good about it. He committed 30% of his stack, and I only had to put in 10%. If I flopped big I have a good shot at stacking him. If I feel he's bluffing me too much, I will call with a lot of draws if I don't think he'll fire a 2nd barrel much, or I'll call with monsters if he fire's 2nd barrel's a fair amoutn then check-raise the turn, to which he'll have most of his stack in.

But most importantly, by the time he starts to narrow down my hand range it's too late, while at the same time I can get away from missed flops relativly cheaply

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but the more common line i'm seeing is they call the cont. bet, i check turn, they check behind, im stuck on the river with a marginal holding

of course this is all very very read based, but just saying how important position really is when playing LAG. i open up tons of stuff from LP, and almost anything from Button, but still play fairly tight in EP (for 6-max, that is)

and i switched to stars too where playing aggressive nets me lots of pots

[/ QUOTE ]

start checking some flops then;

bet 2nd barrel on some turns, too.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:31 PM

Just remember you dont have to do the continuation bet. Like the guy above me says check some flops. I do it about half the time I raised pre and totally missed the flop.. if the board looks like crap and probably no one got a piece of it I will usually fire. If I am in position I am much more apt to do it than out of position. If the board looks like someone got some of it then there is nothing wrong with taking a card and seeing if you improve. Because I dont continuation bet every single time it usually gets some respect, if I have a hand or not.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:28 PM

Speaking from my NL experience of 30,000 hands on Party $50 NL and about 20 hours of B&M $100 Max NL, TAG style play is the way to go (in general). A big part of LAG is forcing your opponents to make tough decisions. Unfortunately, most opponents at these levels are incapable of making tough decisions. I found it's much more profitable to stay in TAG mode until game conditions dictate otherwise (which is rare).
Old 10-31-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A big part of LAG is forcing your opponents to make tough decisions. Unfortunately, most opponents at these levels are incapable of making tough decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a bad thing?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A big part of LAG is forcing your opponents to make tough decisions. Unfortunately, most opponents at these levels are incapable of making tough decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

" most opponents at these levels are incapable of making tough decisions. "
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... You basically just said that means LAG play is the way to go because your opponents will never adjust and constantly make the wrong decision...
Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... You basically just said that means LAG play is the way to go because your opponents will never adjust and constantly make the wrong decision...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm misunderstanind your definition of LAG play, but a lot of the profit from LAG play comes when your opponent lays down a good hand or draw. Since weak players do not make these lay downs, this profit is lost.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm misunderstanind your definition of LAG play, but a lot of the profit from LAG play comes when your opponent lays down a good hand or draw. Since weak players do not make these lay downs, this profit is lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, for me, the profit comes when they start calling off half of their stack with middle pair