Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Commerce Huge Pot

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised by the response to the preflop call, though. Are you guys calling Jacks there? Queens? Doesn't it matter that the fish made it 3bets? His range is like 30-40% there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing with TT is there are two more over cards compared to something like QQ. Your going to be stuck with the worst position on the flop with a hand that's very vulernable against 3 players that are in for 3 bets.

Really whether you had TT or something like 99 would make no different here IMO, your calling for set value. JJ in this spot will play similar to TT but it's slightly better.

I still think the EP tight raiser had something like AKd or AKc, Its hard to put him on aces here. I could see AKc or AKd 3betting that turn if he puts you on AT. So it's close between capping turn/leading river and calling 3bets/donking river on a blank.

From the point of when the action is back to you 3betted on the turn...

CAPPING turn would gain you 3-4 BB for 3BB, assuming that EP doesn't have AA. While you would lose 4BB if EP had AA.
CALLING 3bets on turn and check-calling river would gain you 1-3BB for 2BB, and cost you 2BB by the river if EP had AA.

This is all assuming that neither player draws out on your on the river. So looks like capping is still the right way to go to me because of the 3rd player in the pot.

Also, would EP get tricky with set of aces in this spot or would he bet it straight out and it's more likely they will put you on AT than TT here IMO.