Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: This hand sucked. A-high flush draw on paired board.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, open letter to twp:

I tried to send you a pm, but I get told that This user has exceeded their private message quota and may not receive any new private messages. Wtf is that? You got a boyfriend on here or something? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have many boyfriends. In fact, one of the first PMs I ever received (which I only saw tonight because I was cleaning out my full inbox!) was titled "I love you...really!" and then had some hand where a dude was aggressive with an overpair and stacked some other dude who called off his whole stack with TPTK. I have no idea what I did or said to make him love me for that. But I am amused. I should be able to receive PMs again. Send away.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey wtf, i'd consider betting this flop. I love checking if it's not a paired board, to give a lower flush draw a free draw (and a 100% chance to get stacked!) but given pfr seems not interested, and it's very draw heavy, it's worth putting in a bet.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, betting the flop might be right, given aggressive pfr's action on a draw heavy board. I'm not going to be happy if any of them check-raises me though.

[ QUOTE ]
Raising that turn card is bad, because... you could be drawing dead, and if you get played with, you may just have to fold a live draw (like is the case).

[/ QUOTE ] Well. There is a decent chance he is just taking a stab at a pot that noone seems interested in. There is also a chance he holds something like AJ and will fold to the raise, figuring I slowplayed a fh or trips on the flop (he has like 50 hands with me, so he has no way of knowing I would (almost) never do that).

Also, given his utg raise, he is unlikely to have a 9. Therefore, such a small 3bet is almost certainly TT or JJ. So I'm not sad I had to fold my draw, 'cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't live.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:08 AM

I just call the turn bet, but your line is totally fine.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:20 AM

Your boyfriend seems to have filled it up again. The new 2+2 is not cool [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]