Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 PM

Default PS 10+1 M=7, Right setup to steal with an all-in raise?

Blinds just went up to 200/400/25. My M is below 7. This seems like the perfect situation for a push-steal, and 33 has some value if called. Should I have forget about it as soon as a player called the min-raise? Player that called it saw a good amount of flops and played aggresively when involved.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG (t6244)
UTG+1 (t15425)
MP1 (t7308)
MP2 (t6060)
MP3 (t10865)
CO (t4856)
Hero (t5263)
SB (t9753)
BB (t3517)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls t800, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t5238</font>
Old 10-30-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: PS 10+1 M=7, Right setup to steal with an all-in raise?

Depends on your opponents, was UTG generally tight with his raising requirements? Did he raise equally from all positions?
What about MP3, you said he was loose and liked to see flops, but did he throw away alot of hands to preflop raises, or did he like to call regardless of hand strength? I think it all depends on your table image and your opponents playing styles. But if those conditions were reasonable enough, then I think the play has lots of merit.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on your opponents, was UTG generally tight with his raising requirements? Did he raise equally from all positions?
What about MP3, you said he was loose and liked to see flops, but did he throw away alot of hands to preflop raises, or did he like to call regardless of hand strength? I think it all depends on your table image and your opponents playing styles. But if those conditions were reasonable enough, then I think the play has lots of merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read on utg was that his min raise preflop was weak and he would be easy to fold. MP3 was the more difficult case as he seemed tough to fold. but i thought in this situation i would be slightly ahead (to overcards) a large percentage of the time against him. i felt he would fold all non-ace overcards, but maybe nothing else (such as A10+).

i guess in summation i consider myself ahead a large percentage of the time (over 75) but have no real power to make post-flop moves.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:15 AM

Basically you're going for a squeeze play. These requirments must be met.
-UTG must be a loose raiser but be able to let go to reraises
-MP3 is aware of this and makes a loose call but is willing to lay down to your reraise