Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: KK multiway tons of action -- Too much?

If anything, I don't think you were aggressive enough during the pre-flop & flop betting rounds. Since you know that your opponents like to stick around so much, re-raise to at least 10.00 pre-flop. Hopefully, 10.00 will be enough to reduce the field to one caller. If they still want to stick around, then figure out the amount that will make most of them lay down (12, 14, etc). This number varies as the session continues, so be sure to adjust accordingly.

At the flop, your main concern should be chasing out at least (2) of the (3) villains. IMO, a pot-sized raise gives you the best chance. With a pair of Kings, it's best to go up against (1) opponent to maximize your advantage.

Based on the info you provided, it's highly unlikely that I lay my Kings down on the turn. However, I hate the turn check because you're too vulnerable to offer a free river card. However, once your opponent bet the turn, I think you were justified in going all-in.