Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Why you should always be able to identify the nuts

This wasn't intended to be an analysis post or anything - but I thought the following hand was amusing -- and it serves as an important reminder to ALWAYS be able to identify the nuts. Christmas came a little early for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comments on all streets are welcome.

BTW, I think the flop call was justified since I've got a gutshot and two overcards on a rainbow flop; also, there were enough people in the pot that I figured I would get sufficient action if I hit my draw (i.e., I felt I had good implied odds -- I just didn't realize how good my implied odds actually were).

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 36.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 36.50 BB, between Button, SB, Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (36.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 8c 9s (straight, jack high).
SB has 7d 8h (straight, jack high).
Hero has Kh Qd (straight, king high).
MP1 has Qs 8s (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 36.50 BB. </font>
Old 10-30-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Why you should always be able to identify the nuts

Not often you'll have four players cap betting the turn and river when you hit your nut draw on fourth street - what the hell is SB doing on the turn??
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell is SB doing on the turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising his made straight!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:22 AM

I'm sorry - I mixed up the SB's hand and the button's hand.

What the hell is the button doing on the turn??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2005, 10:19 AM

River 1st call was pretty bad
Old 10-30-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River 1st call was pretty bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
And not posting this in the NC thread.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This wasn't intended to be an analysis post or anything - but I thought the following hand was amusing -- and it serves as an important reminder to ALWAYS be able to identify the nuts. Christmas came a little early for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever you think these words, the next words that pass through your head should be, "Aha! I'll post this in the Designated No Content thread! You're fairly new, but you've been around here long enough to know this. This thread is getting locked.
Closed Thread