Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: 88 hand - $55

[ QUOTE ]
I declare myself not good enough to know what to do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I appreciate this candor.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:21 PM

it's interesting how much tighter the mindset of the STT forum is versus the MTT forum. it's been repeatedly drummed into my head that aggression is the way to play and to push your edges. to me this is a push each and everytime barring a strong read.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's interesting how much tighter the mindset of the STT forum is versus the MTT forum. it's been repeatedly drummed into my head that aggression is the way to play and to push your edges. to me this is a push each and everytime barring a strong read.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude the payout structure is just so different.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha very funny, right? This precise issue is where STTs and MTTs diverge. Well, that's not completely correct. It really depends on the field. But in general, if your opposition is soft, this is not really the case.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:20 PM

I would fold this. I'm not ready to tangle just yet.

Also, I think if he's raising weaker hands, he's pushing them considering the rest of you are under 10BB. I think he has you crushed a portion of the time.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:14 AM

This is a reaaaaly easy push. Wow. This is definitely the weirdest thread I've ever seen on here. How is anyone not pushing.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a reaaaaly easy push. Wow. This is definitely the weirdest thread I've ever seen on here. How is anyone not pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think it's more neutral ev. But since you think it's soooo easy, why not elaborate?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if it were 33s? Would you still say the same? I've been playing those and to me folding doesn't seam like such a bad idea, since a raise typically means AQs+.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well me, I'm a weak-tight pansy.

I've been wrong many times before. I like being wrong on the forums. It means I've learned something.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think it's more neutral ev. But since you think it's soooo easy, why not elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the big stacked button and you have a lot of folding equity. He has over 1000 to call when you push back at him, they fold here a lot. Calling a push on maniac, which can't be far from his raising range here is +0.4%. Add in a lot of folding equity and it seems like a pretty easy push.