Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 PM

Default You\'re going to have to earn this pot.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($79.95)
SB ($28.30)
BB ($41.65)
UTG ($35.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($8.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.75</font>...

This $0.25 bet really confused me, so I figured I'd hammer it. The preflop minraise was because I had noted that the SB would fold hands he would otherwise complete for a minbet, so I wanted to isolate BB, or at least build a small pot so I could easily steal it on the flop.

He was making an attempt to snap off my superaggro style that I have been playing for the past fifteen minutes that I've been at this table for. I've just been absolutely running the game over, and most people had gotten up and left. I knew he'd call with anything that beats me.

Should I have played it more conservatively, given that? Give up on the flop? If checked to on the turn (instead of the minbet) what do I do?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: You\'re going to have to earn this pot.

Are my hands that uninteresting/standard?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:11 PM

The minbet on the turn really confuses me also, but I'm not sure what hands you think you are ahead of here. If you were running really well, then it might be true that players don't want to get involved with you too much.

That minbet looks like its meant to throw you off, and perhaps slow you down, so I think your raise was good, but I'm not sure of my guess.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM

I think there's definitely a chance he's trapping you with a higher pair, but I haven't played the 25NL in a while, so I get the feeling this could just as easily be AK. I don't hate it.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 PM

If he's been waiting 15 minutes to make a stand against you then ffs don't just double him up. If he wants to win a pot once every 15 minutes then let him have it.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's been waiting 15 minutes to make a stand against you then ffs don't just double him up. If he wants to win a pot once every 15 minutes then let him have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think he tried to make me slow down on that turn? I think he has AT+ here a majority of the time.

<font color="white"> He folded. </font>
Old 10-27-2005, 03:55 AM

He reraise pre flop, bet out on flop, and called your raise.

No prob calling on turn, or raising smaller and playing poker. I imagine with you turn raise, he folds slick and only calls when hes way ahead.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He reraise pre flop, bet out on flop, and called your raise.

No prob calling on turn, or raising smaller and playing poker. I imagine with you turn raise, he folds slick and only calls when hes way ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

But my raise here is only half a pot. What smaller raise would even be close to significant?