Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Books on low-limit No Limt Hold\'em

Hello,

I am a solid 6-12 player and lower, but I am looking into delving the 1-2 No Limit game. I did not find any books on the Conjelco site. I am not that interested in playing tournaments. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Nat
Old 10-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Books on low-limit No Limt Hold\'em

There are not any NL books based specifically on small stakes. Small Stakes Hold Em (a limit book) may help a bit on this but I am not sure as I just got it this week and haven't read it yet. Phil Gordan's Little Green Book is excellent. I would start with that book. Then read Harrington On Holdem Volume 1 which is equally good, if not better. I know what you're thinking (that's a tournament book), but the concepts mostly apply to cash games as well. However, if you don't plan on playing tournaments at all I would not recommend reading Volume 2. Super System 2 isn't exactly a great book but it shows you how to play in a very aggressive style of play and is worth the $20. I would also read both of the first two books at least twice and highlight key points as I read. In summary, read Phil Gordan's Little Green Book, read Harrington on Holdem Vol. 1, read The Little Green Book again, read HOH again, then read Super System (1 or 2 depending on what other games you're interested in).
Old 10-27-2005, 10:30 PM

Mastering No Limit Holdem by Russel Fox applies directly to low stakes NL cash games. It is quite basic, but a good book if you are just starting out at NL.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:37 PM

Right now there is not a lot. It is a lot harder to write about NL than limit. However, Daniel Negranu is coming out with a huge book next year (the size of SS) and this will probably have more NL information than all the other ones put together.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:42 PM

Itīs the only book I have that I dont think is worth the 20$ or whatever it cost and I have like 15-20.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:50 PM

pot limit and no limit poker by stewart reuben and bob ciaffone
Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 AM

I can't wait. Especially when Daniel is known to play in a super-aggressive style often. There has not been a good book from a super-aggressive player. I hope a lot of deals with how he plays when he is playing this style.