Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Fraud

Yeah, the OP was really stupid but doesn't Pacific have some responsability to investigate?

Granted that Pacific CS makes Party support look like Nobel Prize winners,the OP should send an E-Mail a day.

Polite at 1st but becoming increasingly hostile.Also a mention of your Senators and Congressman does not hurt.

Worked for me but I was in a much better position.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the OP was really stupid but doesn't Pacific have some responsability to investigate?

Granted that Pacific CS makes Party support look like Nobel Prize winners,the OP should send an E-Mail a day.

Polite at 1st but becoming increasingly hostile.Also a mention of your Senators and Congressman does not hurt.

Worked for me but I was in a much better position.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous on so many levels...

1. Pacific has no responsibility to investigate. They don't have detectives or a hotline to the Scooby gang. They maybe should ban railbird chat like Party now does, but that's about it. They might cooperate with local law enforcement, if there was any way in hell local law enforcement would do anything about it (which there isn't). They can also freeze the account that received the chip dumping, that's about it.

2. Sending an e-mail a day, with increasing hostility, is a good way to make someone NOT want to work with you.

3. Not sure what our congressmen would (or COULD) do except explicitly ban online poker so that the OP would be nice and protected by virtue of not being able to play in the first place. Pacific is in a foreign country.

4. OP gave his password to someone, which implies permission for that someone to use his account. Sole responsibility for OP's predicament lies with OP.

OP's next recourse should probably be to submit the scam to antiphishing.org so they can log it with the thousands of others that happen every day.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 AM

So you say OP should just give up and have his money stolen without any investigation by Pacific .

[censored] YOU [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Pacific has no responsibility to investigate. They don't have detectives or a hotline to the Scooby gang. They maybe should ban railbird chat like Party now does, but that's about it. They might cooperate with local law enforcement, if there was any way in hell local law enforcement would do anything about it (which there isn't). They can also freeze the account that received the chip dumping, that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Responsibility" may be going too far. But I'm sure even Pacific isn't thrilled with being a conduit for phishing scams and money-laundering. They ought to investigate, figure out as well as they can who was involved, and ban and confiscate from any players they have sufficient evidence against. That's not so much their responsibility to the player who was scammed as to their owners and all the legitimate players on the site.

I don't think anyone was suggesting Pacific has an African Strike Force ready to swoop down and get OP's money back if it's out of the site.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Canada Bill Jones said . . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say yes to some extent. You expect a speedy, thorough answer when you email CS. If they would have done a good job, they would have been able to identify this was a scam ASAP and put a hold onto the account so it couldn't have been cleaned out.

While they probably should have done this, there's no responsibility that lies with them on this. Also, since we don't know the original email, who knows if this guy was even clear about what site he went to and what all he did.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:09 PM

BTW, all this is speculation: without seeing OP's actual e-mail thread, we're guessing as to what Pacific's actual response was.

The first posts on this were confusing to say the least, and if OP was that confusing in his e-mails, maybe Pacific didn't know there was anything that needed checking out.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:43 PM

Don't worry you have plenty of time. It takes at least a couple weeks for Pacific to process a cashout.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:26 PM

Also, let me say that this is a perfect situation in which you should pick up the phone and call them!!! Why the hell would you even bother with email for something that could be so serious?

I've called CON before (same people as Pacific) and they were not only speedy answering the phone but also offered great service. The lady I talked to was British so she spoke great English.

Not just the OP needs to learn this as I see many others on this forum... when it comes to your money, don't be a puss and pick up the phone!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you say OP should just give up and have his money stolen without any investigation by Pacific . [end quote]

I'm happy to investigate this matter. Just send me your user name and password and I'll get right on to it. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

ps obv it's not PP's fault.