Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Howard Lederers Poker Camp (I hate my life!)

lol
Old 10-26-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was playing in a wsop sattelite final, top 3 got the trip and buy-in. I was 2nd in chips with 4 people left. I grab black kings in the big blind, chip leader raises about a fifth of his stack on the button, I push and he calls with AQ, I guess you all know what the flop had, 4th place. THe worst part was that when I got cracked, the tourney stopped and there was a little gold medal next to the other threes names

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me weak tight, but unless his raise was more than 75% of your stack, I would've just called. Ace pops on the flop, I wouldn't be able to get rid of those kings fast enough. Playing tourneys with payout structures like most satellites is just weird, if it was a normal tourney, I take your line.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:19 AM

even though I was second in chips, I still could have been blinded out. If I double up, with the second best hand in poker, then I could cruise to the money
Old 10-26-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Though I think, depending on how short the short stack was, I probably wouldn't have even pushed into the only stack that could hurt me w/ anything even AA ...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-26-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was playing in a wsop sattelite final, top 3 got the trip and buy-in. I was 2nd in chips with 4 people left. I grab black kings in the big blind, chip leader raises about a fifth of his stack on the button, I push and he calls with AQ, I guess you all know what the flop had, 4th place. THe worst part was that when I got cracked, the tourney stopped and there was a little gold medal next to the other threes names

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but horrible play. thats an incredibly easy fold
Old 10-26-2005, 03:12 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but horrible play. thats an incredibly easy fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how far ahead "2nd in chips" is from the other two players. If you're all still relatively close, it may not be such a bad play (especially if the antes/blinds are eating you all up and you can't afford to just keep folding)

Also, stop hijacking my thread. Everyone should be sending me 3 dollars to my paypal account so I can wallow in my cash in peace!