Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: TPTK against 2 opps

[ QUOTE ]
I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh - finally I don't feel so lonely in the chicken club. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Do you fold for the same reasons I stated, or do you have any additional considerations?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 AM

I fold because I think I'm behind and if i'm not I guess i'm at least tied. If i'm not tied or behind I think with the draw-heavy board it's something like 30% chance my hand is still best on the river against two villians.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 AM

a $.60 bet to a $3 pot isnt a bet - its just a denial of a free card. You are probably ok to bet out here. Judging from his preflop raise and postflop weak swing, im thinking middle pair, maybe JJ.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:50 AM

I am one of the tighest players on this board (some say weak as well) and I re-raise. He bet 60 cents and you have top pair top kicker. It looks like he is trying to get a cheap card for a draw, I bet pot. If a K or 8 comes I shut down, until then I am assuming I have best hand.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am one of the tighest players on this board (some say weak as well) and I re-raise. He bet 60 cents and you have top pair top kicker. It looks like he is trying to get a cheap card for a draw, I bet pot. If a K or 8 comes I shut down, until then I am assuming I have best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I take it you're talking about villain2. What about villain1, the actual preflop raiser??
Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM

How about a $2 raise against V2 and see if V1 is still intereted? Its not like you dont have a hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I take it you're talking about villain2. What about villain1, the actual preflop raiser??

[/ QUOTE ]

I still re-raise the 60 cent bet to a pot sized bet when it is my turn. AK or KQ would be my best guess to the villian 1. If he re-raises me all in I give him credit for somthing and fold, but until that happens I am assuming my hand is good. Until someone gives me a sign my TPTK is no good I assume it is good. So far you have a 60 cent bet into a 3$ pot, that is not a sign it is no good.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to Pokulator, if I knew both their hands, I'm exactly a 50% "favorite" after the flop. (villan1 12%, villan2 37%) Given that, would any of you still be as agressive as earlier stated?

In retrospect, the "correct" play would probably have been to call the flop and pot the turn (Raising the flop, as sugggested, would have been best, of course.).

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great hands for you to be against. The 50% win figure relies on both hands going to showdown - if the hand goes to showdown three way then you only put in a third of the money, and so a 50% win rate is more than fine. You put in one unit to win two units half the time. 50% in a three way pot means your hand is significantly the better than the other two players'.