Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Interesting dueces hand

How's this line? Now suppose that the river wasn't a deuce...is there a bet there then?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Interesting dueces hand

I really don't like this line at all. What do you think you're beating when someone bets into a pfr on this board? He might be betting a flush draw (which he has a good chance of hitting anyway), but he could be betting a medium pocket pair or a 3 or a 4, or the pfr might have a big pp rather than just overcards and reraise you.

Turn looks bad too, as you might get c/r by a made flush or straight.

As to your river question: I don't see button calling this down with A high with this much action, so no, I don't bet the river if a deuce doesn't hit. He'll fold his AK or AQ or whatever, but make a crying call with AA-JJ, drop his jaw as the pot is pushed his way, and make a note that MP3 is a donkey who bets an unimproved 22 like it's the stone cold nuts.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:49 AM

Well, it looked like you basically sucked out on this hand.

Why the fancy play on this hand? You don't have any fold equity raising. You are drawing to a full house and a back door straight (the bottom end of a one card straight).

Do you think that UTG+1 or button is going to fold? Both players are either on better draws or already have better made hands, even if they are weakish. Button may have overcards, so the better draw still applies here.

This is an easy check/fold on the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 AM

all true...i titlted my way into a monster...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 AM

I just call the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:36 AM

I don't think folding the flop is bad, some reads would help. Why is utg+2 betting. Would he bet a flush draw into the pf raiser? I think there's a good chance you're behind to either utg+2 or the button. The way you played it, I wouldn't bet the turn after the button called two cold. I'd check/fold the turn and be happy if I saw the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:41 AM

*grunch*
I fold the flop.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:24 AM

Raising is better than calling. Folding is probably best. Even is we beat what UTG is betting out with (which may be a fair amount depending on his stats), we're going to get outdrawn a great deal.