Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: In fact...

[ QUOTE ]
And you think MY line of thinking is dangerous?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stat,

Show me a religious text that preaches anything that you speak of and I'll agree with you.

I don't care if it is a fanatic suicide bomber or a crazy Pope. Anyone who says their religion speaks of the things you descibe is simply not following their Religion (and/or they are following some idiot's interpretation of their Religion) .

Your rationale simply is a non sequitur.

RJT
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: In fact...

<font color="red"> Show me a religious text that preaches anything that you speak of and I'll agree with you. </font>

That's the thing. Religious texts are subject to great interpretation. I might ask if you really believe all of the more outrageous claims in the bible. You might say yes, or you might say well some of it is symbolic, etc. You can only give me your interpretation or the interpretation of those who tutored you.

Are you saying that all those muslims dedicated to killing infidels don't really believe in what they're doing? Do you think they are purposely taking the good teachings of the Coran knowingly committing atrocities against God?

I doubt it. Religious beliefs and intrepretations can be a very dangerous thing. Maybe yours aren't, another's is.