Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Short 58 hand HU match vs Unknown

schenids thanks for the post. it's worth noting that you started out folding everythign he kept picking up small pots but with your patience it was just 1 hand vs. his agression and you are on top, patience is underrated HU.

29 - i think you should just plow ahead with your hand which is probably good for value and to protect the pot, if he raises just call him down.

30 - unless you check/called with the intention of check/folding becuas eyou feel you are beat i think a flop c/r is in order because he will almost certainly check behind on the turn hands that have overcard outs (after you check/call in this unraised pot).

31 - the way the game is going, don't think he calls down with a mediocre hand or your play induces him to do anything crazy. just call down, or bet if he checks to you.

32 - this isn't just hindsight and monday morning quarterbacking, you have an ace there is an ace out there he probably doesn't have one, looks like a real good chance he's going for a free card play. that turn card makes it even more likely he takes a free turn card, stop and go the turn.

48 - KK hand, why not just 3 bet the flop? he could have ace high and be raising flop for free card quite easily. the turn card makes it quite likely he checks behind with ace high, or maybe even low pocket pair, i think you need more action in there. also, don't like the river check/raise, he'll call a bet with ace high or low pair which he might have, but that queen is a bad card for him and could scare him from betting.