View Poll Results: Best move
Fold 0 0%
Limp (100) 3 37.50%
Raise (350) 4 50.00%
Raise (other) 1 12.50%
All-in (1410) 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Should I move in w/ Drug Dealers?

One of the guys that lives there (not the dealer) parents own the place, so they make their son/his buddies pay 800/mth for a 2bed/2bath house.

2 car garage has been turned into a sweet little studio, and there is a mobile home/trailer thing on the property w/ internet access, cable, etc, that they are also renting out.

200/mth

My other options are get a real job instead of just p*k*r, pay 600-800/mth for a smaller place.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 PM

Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"
Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM

move on in
Old 10-25-2005, 05:45 PM

If the guys in the house smoke all the time then don't move in. You'll end up smoking all the time and before you know it you'll be 30+ and have never done anything with your life.

If they don't smoke it all the time themselves and people don't come to the house to collect I don't see a problem.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:55 PM

anybody answering "yes" to this poll has clearly never been there when the cops busted in on his roomates for selling weed.

(except IndieMatty, I guess)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok ok ok... I was leaning twoards no, but, 200/mth was so inviting.... eh, guess i needed a little flaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

$200.00/month is not worth a criminal record, jail, being baba's bitch, fines, probation, disappointing your family, screwing up college...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not selling the drugs, he is not in possession. Unfortunately I have a lot of experience in multi dwelling drug raids, only one man has gotten taken in. He is in no risk, especially since NO ONE COMES OVER.

Hell, 25th hour, they only take in Ed Norton.

[/ QUOTE ]

People not coming over does not mean no risk. Here is the chain of events that lead to dealers getting arrested.

1. Dealer sells to stupid kid.
2. Stupid kid gets busted and when threatened with prison time by the big scary officers, he gives up dealer.

This can happen once or be repeated a few times depending on the area but inevitably we get to the next steps.

3. Cops take interest in dealer.
4. Cops bust dealer.

When the cops bust the dealer, it is often in the form of a search warrant. They find relatively large quantities of drugs, baggies, scales and such leading to a possession with intent to distribute charge. This is where OP may be ok, the cops know who they want and are not idiots. HOWEVER, they may decide to arrest everyone and depending on a whole lot of factors, they may conclude that OP has been assisting in the enterprise. If they decide this, OP is [censored].

Supporting your reasoning by citing a movie is just silly and makes me unwilling to take much of what you say seriously.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:10 PM

I wouldn't/don't have a problem with it.

You're young and live in Santa Cruz? Where else are you going to live?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the guys that lives there (not the dealer) parents own the place, so they make their son/his buddies pay 800/mth for a 2bed/2bath house.

2 car garage has been turned into a sweet little studio, and there is a mobile home/trailer thing on the property w/ internet access, cable, etc, that they are also renting out.

200/mth

My other options are get a real job instead of just p*k*r, pay 600-800/mth for a smaller place.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's making $6k per month, needs your $200, you figure you're getting the story, and you're considering this, AND you play poker? This is too good to be true. Could you please post all your usernames on all the poker sites?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:28 PM

I have been, 20+ years ago.