Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Default 7stud card tracker

Does anyone know of a program that can keep track of which cards have been out during a stud hand in real time. And is this even possible?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: 7stud card tracker

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of a program that can keep track of which cards have been out during a stud hand in real time. And is this even possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its posisble and it exists. Try a search on the dead card counter or something like that in Stud forum.

Lee Jones has even stated that Stars allows the use of such programs.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The cards that are dealt are not written to the Party hand history files so getting it done in real time is tricky.

I did write a dead card tracker that allows you to manually track dead cards. Others have found it useful. Give it a shot. Hopefully it'll help.

StudAssist
Old 10-25-2005, 01:49 PM

I tried using Cardplayers odds calculator to do this, since it lets you click the cards that each player has. You just click the cards that are out. However, I found it very cumbersome and found myself frantically trying to click all the dead cards.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried using Cardplayers odds calculator to do this, since it lets you click the cards that each player has. You just click the cards that are out. However, I found it very cumbersome and found myself frantically trying to click all the dead cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it seems cumbersome. I do not play stud so I do not use it. Others seem to find it useful. I also built in the ability to type in the cards instead of clicking them. Maybe that is marginally easier???
Old 10-25-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At what site are you playing stud? Are there other sites that actually write the cards to the hand histories locally?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:11 PM

There is a program called, I beleive, Stud Inspector. It automatically accounts for dead cards. From what I remember, it only works on about 10 sites (two large sites: Party and Pokerstars). Hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:00 PM

I just downloaded the trail version of studinspector. It seems like a great program as it tells you all the dead cards and gives you a whole list of odds of winning against particular hands. However, the trial version doesn't let you watch real games. It only lets you randomly simulate hands and see odds. The full program is $60 which is pretty expensive, but I imagine it could be worth the price.

Does anyone use this software and have any comments?