Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: WSOP Circuit hand

You were a 4-1 dog against JJ and you were getting slightly better than 2-1 pot odds. I still think you have to call at this point. JJ was certainly a possible hand.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You were a 4-1 dog against JJ and you were getting slightly better than 2-1 pot odds. I still think you have to call at this point. JJ was certainly a possible hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you think the question here is does this player make this bet from behind knowing he's going to get called? BB has already indicated some willingness to play, Hero says I've got a hand. I sometimes make the mistake of overplaying a flush draw into strength, but not often, and it's usually a check/raise.

Also, I don't understand why you say he has to call as a 4 to 1 dog here. Is it because he doesn't know he's that big a dog?
-D.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't you think the question here is does this player make this bet from behind knowing he's going to get called? BB has already indicated some willingness to play, Hero says I've got a hand. I sometimes make the mistake of overplaying a flush draw into strength, but not often, and it's usually a check/raise.

Also, I don't understand why you say he has to call as a 4 to 1 dog here. Is it because he doesn't know he's that big a dog?
-D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. JJ is in the range of hands we could put the villian on, so we don't know for sure that we're that far behind.

BTW, even w/JJ, facing a bet and a raise, what does everyone think of Villian's push here? I may lay JJ down in his spot...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, even w/JJ, facing a bet and a raise, what does everyone think of Villian's push here? I may lay JJ down in his spot...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are weak/tight.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'd consider laying JJ down here. I've hit the flop I wanted. Especially if I have J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with one or the both of the players in front of me on a draw. I think Villain maybe wants to raise to get info, but any reasonable raise commits more than 1/2 his stack, so he pushes and maximizes value when he's ahead. He's only behind an AQ+ FD or a set/bigger pair. This seems like the type of player who might decide if he's beat he's beat, but he's hit his flop, keeping in mind his QT hand.

That's a little Monday morning QBing, but I still don't think JJ is a fold here.

-D