FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your BB/Hand for pocket 2s
In the Red 4 21.05%
between 0 and .03 3 15.79%
.03 to .05 3 15.79%
more than .05 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: The Who, The Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin?

[ QUOTE ]
Mod era Who is awesome. Who's Next might be the best album ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good poll because all three bands are so close, despite what a lot of people seem to think. I'm going with the Stones.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong, this poll is ridiculous. Trying to rate top tier bands on "who's the best" is stupid and reserved for useless stations like VH-1. Polls like this make me sick, all these bands are legandary and deserve to be resepected as such. None are better, it is based on taste and mood, if you cant see why, leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the original poll didn't ask people which band was best (of course arguments can be made for or against). It merely asked which was people's favorite. This is totally subjective (and there is nothing wrong with that) and, as someone who likes/loves all three bands to varying degrees, I for one was interested to see how the poll numbers turned out.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:38 PM

The Who was always my favorite band growing up. I must have listened to All of Qyuadrophenia twice per day every day after school when I was in the seventh grade. Yes, I was one of those kids. Notwithstanding Pete Townsend's apparent efforts to destroy any remaining good will with his fans by continuing to sell off the rest of The Who catalogue to various commercials, I guess out of loyalty I still give them the nod as to "favorite" of the three although I definitely have spent more time listening to Stones albums over the past 10 years.

FWIW, Townsend once admitted that while they tried to compete with The Stones back in the heyday as best band, he acknowledged that The Stones were the more impriotant and greater band. Perhaps. But for my money The Who totally rocked out more than the Stones and as a youth I related much more to The WHo's lyrics and music. Compare "The Kids Are Alright" movie to "Ladies and Gentleman The Rolling Stones" and other examles of the Stones' often shoddy live performances and you will see where I am coming from.

Zep is, of curse, also great. As with The Who and The Stones, I have all of their albums. Butthey never moved me the same way the other two bands did. So while acknowledging their greatness I put them last of all three.