Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Blackhawk, CO: Golden Gates Poker Room?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All of a sudden, people are coming out of the woodwork. Where were you fools a week ago Friday when Joe Tall was in town and we could've had a 2+2 donkfest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey some of us are in Grand Junction, (talk slow to us). Seriously though, thanks for the info Patrick and Scott. I couldn't find much on the web since that Mountain High website has been, "coming soon" for like 2 years now. One more question: no tournies at the Lodge? Looks like a nice place.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Lodge is the biggest room in town, but it blows. Don't go there. They don't have tournaments, either.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 PM

The Lodge is the only place that I know of that spreads a 5/5 game. They all say they do but just not when I show up.
Other then that and I agree it sucks. The softest games I found are at Mt. High. So if you see me give me a Sup Bro.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Lodge is the only place that I know of that spreads a 5/5 game.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean the 35/35? This is the worst form of poker there is. It's capped 6 ways on all streets. It's a great place to watch some teams in action, though. By the way, you can probably get a 5/5 going at CCS if you want (they call it 3/5) and somewhat less likely at Mountain High or The Gilpin.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The softest games I found are at Mt. High. So if you see me give me a Sup Bro.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mountain High does probably have the best action without being too over the top (Lodge). I haven't been there in a while - maybe I'll go hit it this weekend if I've got some time. Also, I'd give you a Sup Bro if I saw you, except that I probably wouldn't know that I'm seeing you.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:02 PM

I will be the incredibly handsome man with the v-neck brown sweater and the CU visor. I will be holding at least one beer and one jack and coke, and I will be the guy severly short stacked. I'll ask the table at the $70 Gilpin tourney if they know that I made all county in 95.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:47 PM

Alright Patrick del Poker, its sounds like the place to be on Sat. at 3pm is the Gilpin. I will bring my game (hopefully) Sign up as early as you can.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright Patrick del Poker, its sounds like the place to be on Sat. at 3pm is the Gilpin. I will bring my game (hopefully) Sign up as early as you can.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll see. Saturday in the middle of the day might be a hard sell to the wife. I may have an out to go up there on Friday night, though.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:00 PM

Back to the OP, does anyone have any info on the new room? How big it's going to be? Are they going to go for tournaments, or just cash games? Anything else?
Old 10-25-2005, 04:09 PM

It's looking like I'll be going out of town for a while soon, so it might be tough to spend significant time up there at all this weekend. The wifey's got something going on tomorrow night, though, so I was thinking maybe I'd hit The Gilpin's "C-Note" tournament tomorrow night at 7pm. Anyone else up for it?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Central Station's Tournament Schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this link. I normally play at The Gilpin, and have always wondered about CCS.

How early do you normally have to show up for the $35+5 tournaments at CCS, and how many tables do they use?